246 - Editor - Lots of crashes using Line Tool

QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
edited April 2013 in Technical Support
I'm sure this has been raised as it is pretty annoying,
Since the update I am getting a lot of crashes when trying to use the line tool to connect certain vertices.
So here im just trying to draw a line down an existing edge, holding shift to get the vertex the same lever as the one near the cursor, soon as I let go to draw the line it will crash
XuzKvSj.jpg
I can save at this point, reload and try it it will crash
I can go do other work, drop props, draw lines elsewhere etc, come back to this one and it crashes.
Not the only point I have had the crash, there has been others but I have highlighted this one.

Notes
The original edge was in my map before the update.
I can delete the edge/vertex I am getting the error from and redraw it and it wont crash.
I have yet to get a crash using the line tool from or on new faces/edges (Done on/after 246) but I will update if I do.

Comments

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    edited May 2013
    This is really easy to reproduce!
    • Open Editor
    • Create a rectangle
    • Use Line tool along one side (as if to measure length)

Edit: I'm also getting significant lag every time I place a new entity. Once placed there is no lag for 2nd etc.

-Also line tool does not always snap to grid
    -Noticed a situation where the screen was not updating between persectives - e.g. I change in Perspective but the Top view does not reflect the change. This might be harder to replicate.

I'll keep adding here until someone responds! mwahaha
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    edited May 2013
    Looking into this now. Weird

UPDATE: Should be fixed next build. Thanks for the repro!
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    DarkSeraph wrote: »
    This is really easy to reproduce!
    • Open Editor
    • Create a rectangle
    • Use Line tool along one side (as if to measure length)

Edit: I'm also getting significant lag every time I place a new entity. Once placed there is no lag for 2nd etc.

-Also line tool does not always snap to grid
    -Noticed a situation where the screen was not updating between persectives - e.g. I change in Perspective but the Top view does not reflect the change. This might be harder to replicate.

I'll keep adding here until someone responds! mwahaha

Might be compiling shaders? Open the Windows->Output, and see if it prints stuff about compiling shaders.
  • angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    This seems like I started level creation at the wrong time XD I can confirm these bugs in any case
    SteveRock said:
    Looking into this now. Weird

UPDATE: Should be fixed next build. Thanks for the repro!
    Thank you :)