modding minimap no longer possible?

GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
is it still possible to make mods such as these:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108936055&searchtext=minimap

I tried to edit my minimap_blip.dds file and it looks like it's all monochrome:

gi3yNng.png

which leads me to believe it's determined ingame now?

plz assist

Comments

• HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Color is set by the code now, yes. The code multiplies the monochrome image by whatever colors are set in the code (which can't be changed). You may still be able to create a similar effect though. Multiplying yellow*blue=green, so if you color the marines as yellow they should show up green in game. You may want to pick another color for aliens, but the same concept could be applied.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    ah I see, makes sense now

is there a specific entry to differentiate marines and marine structures (and the same for aliens)?  do you know which file these colors are assigned? 

thanks in advance !
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Player and structures will be multiplied by the same color. If you color the player icons in the monochrome file it will make them different. Colors are near the top of GUIMinimap.lua I believe.
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    edited May 2013
    It's defined in GUIminimap.lua, there is no difference of color between team & team buildings I think.

local kBlipColorType = enum( { 'Team', 'Infestation', 'InfestationDying', 'Waypoint', 'PowerPoint', 'DestroyedPowerPoint', 'Scan' }