Bug: Euclidean distance fail

ultranewbultranewb Pro Bug Hunter Join Date: 2004-07-21 Member: 30026Members
As a skulk using alien vision, behind the walls marine outlines - just out of distance range - will disappear when looked at directly but re-appear if the view is turned to the left or right of the target.

I've noticed this for sure when up in an ambush point, but I'm unsure if this is relevant. I, also, do not use the default FOV. This setting, however, shouldn't affect the distance calculation in cartesian, cylindical, or spherical coordinate systems (unless some sort of fuzzy square root is rounding up).

Comments

• remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited May 2013
    I, also, do not use the default FOV. This setting, however, shouldn't affect the distance calculation in cartesian, cylindical, or spherical coordinate systems (unless some sort of fuzzy square root is rounding up).
    Except I believe the distance test is done in a shader, after the projection matrix has been applied (so the FOV would in fact impact the distance test).