Quick NS2 Satisfaction Survey

IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jgHaul7XO-e2ov1wMpfUeOj23w4oU98qAnd5GT0qv8U/viewform

Hello, I'm doing a little research into Natural Selection 2's player base. I've put together a quick (4 questions, all multiple choice) survey. It should take about 10 seconds to fill out (30 if you're slow).

It would be awesome if people would fill it out, and I'll post the results in about a months time for anyone to see.

Comments

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    What sort of player are you?
    > Option 6
    Why do you play games in general?
    Uh, shouldn't it be checkbox instead?

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    @xen32 , thanks for that, fixed the issue, meant to say Competetive.

as for your second question. I decided on Multiple choice for that question because while people play games for multiple reasons, they almost certainly play them for one reason over all others. I actually play games for all of those reasons, but there is one resounding reason that rises above.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Filled it out, should be interesting to see how the results go.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2013
    Why do you play games in general? *

For Fun
    To Win
    Immersion
    To Socialize
    To Kill Time

This one could use an "all of the above" checkbox. I picked for fun, but it seems wrong, as I want to win every game I play, I like to be immersed, and the more cynical side of me would say life in general is just killing time. Oh and socializing also is... nevermind.
    Yeah, it happens with every survey, the options just aren't quite what you want. Which is why when analysing results it's best to understand the results are not completely representative but for the most part, close enough. Anyway, I think I'll let this survey go for about a week then lock it, don't worry though, this seems like a good idea to do on a monthly basis. While I'm not going to add any questions or change any now. If you have any suggestions for questions to ask in the next survey, shout em out here. I'll keep the questions to below 6 though, so some times questions may be removed to fit in another one.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I'd like to see a question for "hours played so far", as it's a valuable parameter in gauging a players experience with the game. More useful than asking if someone is an avid/casual/fanatic player in any case, because those terms are too subjective.
    Yeah, what about a survey themed around hours played and enjoyment over time?
    edited June 2013
    Some of the stuff that might seem interesting to ask in a short survey imo:

- Hours played
    - NS1 experience (yes/no)
    - NS2 beta experience (yes/no)

- First impressions (below/meeting/above your expectations)
    - Current impressions (worse/thesame/better)
    - Current activity (below/around/above your average)
    - If below average, why? (game related reasons/external factors)

- Main issue with the game in it's current form (gameplay/performance/content/none)
    - Need to change some core mechanics (yes/no/not sure)
    - Hours played of bt mod
    - Do you think bt mod has the potential to make NS2 a better game (yes/no/not sure)

No doubt the results will be skewed a bit because you're asking forum users and not selecting random NS2 players for questioning, but still, if you're doing one anyway, might as well beef it up a bit. :)
    Yeah, the results are pretty skewed already but it's still interesting.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    [x] IMMERSSSSIONNNNN
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    Yeah, the results are pretty skewed already but it's still interesting.

I don't mean to be pushy but might you post the results pls
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'd like to see one now of the stuff @Neoken posted.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alh6cArOfXszdGRXMG9OT1hLS2xKY05zTDQxZE9IVkE&usp=sharing

That should be it. Google docs is being awkward so I can't seem to send a link to the summary, you should be able to get to the summary from there.

Click Form > Summary of responses. Hope it works.