I guess.... am I not welcome? Casual player here

2»

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yeah I don't think there's any servers at all for NS1 that aren't filled with bots...
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    RedSword wrote: »
    -Need a good PC to play with proper FPS.
    Did you try last build ?

Yup and no difference. 60-110 FPS on I73570/16gb ram/SSD/R7950-3gb. I did have to buy a new PC because i do photography and images are getting huge. So i was a good time to push a little. But i wouldn't have done it for NS2 only.

Before that i had a 2ghz amd/R5870/2Gb ram/regular HD. 20fps max, i took ages to load a map. And it is not about the graphic card. It's a CPU issue. Even if performance with last patch was 30% better. Were would i be now ? 27FPS...

I'm not convinced by the last patch. I do believe that performance is on top of priority. But that's no reason to ruin the whole game with modifications that just make player base leave in the end. I mean, they actually leave. Why is that ? Probably because people don't feel comfortable with all the nerfs here and there and/or the keyboard thing. I tend to believe that eye candy graphics are not the priority for a NS player. In fact we would have better marines if we could see something in there. There is also that huge suspicion issue on some players that just see in total darkness like broad daylight.

There are just to many things that just "don't make it anymore" for a lot of players. I hope the devs see why.

• sjusju Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184042Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think there's any servers at all for NS1 that aren't filled with bots...

EvolveNS and Wonga are the only one's populated publicly by real players.
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    I just tried the latest patch. It felt quite a bit smoother than I remember. No horrible slowdown when attacking an exo.

Too bad there is still only 3 servers to choose from in Aus. Maybe another content patch will bring people back?