NS2stats.com is looking for coders, lua and web.

SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
edited August 2013 in Modding
Hi,

I am one of the 4 developers of ns2stats and only one who is still coding/keeping it working.

We are looking for programmers for lua and website. Both lua/web source code are available on github and can be found from link below. We do not have high requirements, so if you are eager to learn and develop please contact me with private message or post here.

More info can be found here:
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/129495/ns2stats-statistics-for-natural-selection-2/p1

Comments

• SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    Bump, still looking for coders.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I sent you an email, I can't offer amazing progress but I can offer to not hinder the project as much as possible.
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    With all the stats you can collect ;) a nice addition could be .. instead of UWE's 'random' teams .. ns2 could make random teams a bit more balanced ;)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Balmark wrote: »
    With all the stats you can collect ;) a nice addition could be .. instead of UWE's 'random' teams .. ns2 could make random teams a bit more balanced ;)
    Shine already supports ns2stats elo based random

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    Ok with post I start project rewrite NSStats as Shine plug-in:

Concept:
    Store stats in a table created by the plug-in instead using all these ns2classes. By that way we only need to override scoreboard function to read from table.Also player who reconnect while a round is going on keep their store

Table Score = {playerid,name,team,com,score,kills,deaths,assists,p.dmg,s.dmg,hits, misses,playedTime,connected}
    Connected is a boolean value to detect which players should be shown by the in-game scoreboard.

Hooks, we need:

PlayerConnected:
    If score [NS2id] = nill set default
    Start PlayedTime Timer, set connected true

PlayerDisconnected:
    Stop PlayedTime Timer, add stopped Time to PlayedTime

JointTeam:
    Set Teamid to chosen team

LogedInCC:
    Set com to true

LogedOutCC:
    Set com to false

Deamagedealt:
    If damage >0 determ damage type and add it + increase hits otherwise increase misses

AddedKill:
    Increase kills

AddedResources:
    Increase Ress

Addedscore:
    Increase score

AddedDeath:
    Increase deaths

UpgradeCompleted:
    Sent Ugradename and time to ns2stats

BuildingComplete:
    Sent Building Name and time to ns2stats

(Playermoved: )
    Send new pros to NS2stats, maybe use Addscore for that.

GameStart:
    Reset score table
    Start Gametime Time

GameEnd:
    Stop Gametime Timer
    Sent Gametime to Ns2Stats
    Upload Table Score to NS2Stats

Think:
    ( Is called by shine with every server tick )
    If x (can be set by config) sec has passed:
    Add x time to all players playedTime
    Upload Table score to NS2Stats

X can be used to handle server traffic

More about Shine Hooks

Extra methods needed:
    OverrideScoreboard
    UploadScore

Currently im working on setting up all the needed hooks, I’ll need help at uploadScore
    Tell me if I missed something
    Ok with post I start project rewrite NSStats as Shine plug-in:

Nice,

We have list of all actions and parameters which are needed for upload to ns2stats.org here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17xgLYNS9OAx5O12Bmf6ovw5oAw6WEwLN6SByO0xRkgc/edit?usp=sharing
    (contains some finnish, gonna translate those in a bit.)

Player data is stored during game start and in middle of game(if player connects) and at end of game. List contains lots of stuff like kills,deaths, assists, weapon stats etc.

Example complete log file which is uploaded to ns2stats.org can be found: https://raw.github.com/Synomi66/ns2stats_web_source/master/protected/data/round-logs/completed/example-log-file.txt (5mb)

Log file is formed by json encode lines for each action. By action i mean line in log file. So when parsing it back each line is json decoded to array.

Due lua httpRequest limits log file needs to be send multiple times during a game (if has not changed, or other options). So data being sent can't be larger than ~3mb.

Every log piece which is sent, contains following post parameters
    (source: https://github.com/Synomi66/ns2stats/blob/master/output/lua/RBPSsend.lua):
    local params =
    {
    key = RBPSadvancedConfig.key,
    roundlog = RBPSlog,
    part_number = RBPSlogPartNumber,
    last_part = RBPSgameFinished,
    map = Shared.GetMapName(),
    }

If RBPSgameFinished is 1 then log is parsed, otherwise it still waits for more data. Part number is raising number from 1. We can look into this more when you have gotten some data logging done.
    A little update: A log generated with the current version of the shine plugin. There are still some things to do before it can be tested with the main page.
    A little update: A log generated with the current version of the shine plugin. There are still some things to do before it can be tested with the main page.

Great progress!
    Need to add those minimap images to dev site too at some point to test the map. Thou map origin stats needs to be copied from live database or that 'map stats upload' function added to your version too.