Something needs to be done

12346»

Comments

• RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    There may be people with performance issues but claiming you need a super PC to run NS2 is disingenuous. My PC runs the game flawlessly now (post 249) with most eye candy on at 1920x1080 and cost ~£500 to build about 18 months ago. For a new build you'd need to add the cost of a monitor, keyboard and mouse to that but it's hardly extortionate.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    It was the same for nuclear dawn for me (got in a steam sale). Had no idea what was happening, tutorials had no bearing on the real game; no idea what I was supposed to do so turned to sniping netting all sorts of comments about game concepts I had no clue about. Apart from the few games ive tried I havent gone back to it. Cant imagine it would be much different for new NS2 players.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited June 2013
    RaZDaZ wrote: »
    So far from speaking to a few people that bought the game from the steam sale say that team stacking from the experienced players is killing their fun of the game. It seems that it ends up with a team of stacked, experienced players vs a team of greens and they get totally crushed. I can't blame anyone from quitting entirely from experiencing that. I can't help but feel that this is one of the biggest factors that is nullifying the growth of NS2. Hell I played on one of these servers earlier where team stacking was going on constantly and it was absolutely pathetic in what they had to say in defense.

One of the quotes from a player I spoke to who gave his comments on the game

"I played for maybe 2-3 hours after buying it on the sale. Joined Rookie friendly matches where one team was entirely populated by players who knew what they were doing. The other team was entirely new players. I complained about the stacking, since it was a new player server (or so I assumed) and was told to be quiet by the older players.
    Winning is fun, losing can also be fun. Being curb stomped by veteran players who refuse to balance teams is not fun. Have never played a single balanced match in the game and probably won't go back to it. I advise people not to buy it."

In the 6 months (500 hours+) i've been playing, this is a common occurrence.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This is where seeing only the green names on your own team is problematic. People immediately think that the other team (who all appear with white names) are non-rookies too.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited June 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    This is where seeing only the green names on your own team is problematic. People immediately think that the other team (who all appear with white names) are non-rookies too.

Agreed, how are we suppose to make sure teams are balanced when we can't see how many rookies are on the rival team?