In-game mod downloader doesn't work.

AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members
So every server seems to have 5+ mods on them now which normally I wouldn't mind, however, the game is now incapable of automatically downloading the mods I need to play on a given server. This automatically boots me from the server with the "missing mods" text. My only other option is to manually download every random extraneous mod every server owner decides to toss on their server, which I will not do. Is there a fix to make the in-game downloader work again?

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Go to the mods menu from the main menu, and deactivate and unsubscribe from every single thing.
    Exit NS2.
    Disable steam cloud updating.
    Delete Workshop folder found in your hidden %appdata%\Natural selection 2\ folder.

Now run NS2 and see if it works?
    If not, change your steam server.

Steam > Settings > download > download region.
  • AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members
    Allright, I'll get this done and let you know if it works or whatever other errors I get. The error code was 16 when I checked again.
  • AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members
    That took care of it I believe, thanks.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    No problem, glad it worked, and thanks for posting it's success. ;-)
  • RumseyRumsey Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 181012Members
    I had this problem, and changing my download region in "Steam > Settings > Downloads" fixed the problem.