450+hr played - Now rookie again...

2»

Comments

• Metal ManMetal Man Join Date: 2011-11-13 Member: 132717Members
    edited July 2013
    *Snip* Removed inflammatory /namecalling post. -Ironhorse
  • Metal ManMetal Man Join Date: 2011-11-13 Member: 132717Members
    Oh and keep up the good work UWE. This is the right direction. This gives your true fans hope and inspiration. Please don't stray
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MisterNubs wrote: »
    So if you compare the same skill level from 249 to 250 it probably was a 'nerf', but the higher skill ceiling and air control means actual power potential is much greater than before.

I'm curious as to how and your reasonings why the 250 fade has a higher skill ceiling and greater power potential than the 249 fade counterpart.
    In terms of reasoning, you can pretty much do everything the shadowstep fade did, only with alot more control (air control, speed control, direction control, no cd on blink). The things you can't do are move in a direction you're not looking in (just need to mouse look more instead), and make purple clouds everywhere/become semi-invisible.

The positives outweigh the negatives to provide net benefit. Mainly the air control and no cd on blink mean you can do most if not all of the positional 'tricks' shadowstep let you do, but at a quicker pace and with more movement freedom. i.e. blink past marine, swipe from behind, blink again past marine, swipe from behind etc. You also arn't restricted by ground skulks, sharp corners, and knee high railings blocking your limited shadowstep vectors.

Energy usage is low because you just tap blink and chain jumps to keep the speed up (crouch and a/d as well for better effect), using air control to get into the positions you want.

It's hard for me to properly explain though. Maybe i'll try do a fade 'tutorial', though i'm kinda reluctant because i'm far from being the best fade out there.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    there is cooldown on blink
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    if you practice for a bit I'm sure you can get the new movement down pretty quick. It's the easiest movement to master IMO if you compare NS2 249 to NS1 to NS2 250 because you don't really need good timing, just hold down space in between jumps.