Some feedback from an older player

TheRealJaguarTheRealJaguar Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186019Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
So I've been playing for quite some time, since days of beta old, and I've bought like a bajillion copies for friends, who all complain its too hard :D
I finally decided to make an account at the behest of IronHorse.
I've loved doing Alien Commander for quite some time, and I got distracted by my new shiny Skullgirls Beta, and a few other games, and haven't played in a few months. I come back to find alien command COMPLETELY changed.
I feel like I'm spending significantly more time WAITING for cysts and drifters instead of paying attention to where my team members are, and it's pretty annoying. Drifters were 'set and forget', now I'm constantly trying to click and drag to select them and move them around. Sure, the new abilities are great. Love it. But now they're costing me a lot of time I should be focused on the map. It just doesn't feel right anymore.
ALSO, getting involved into the alien com is now REALLY CONFUSING. Before everything was laid out really well, and now it just feels like there's way too much crammed into one space. New commanders will have a really hard time learning the new alien com.
I'd like to see drifters at minimum revert to old style, and I'd like to see an in-game feedback button, because I hate having to log in to a forum just to tell you that while making things better for 'balance' doesn't necessarily make it better for my gameplay, and the fun I have playing.

I still love NS2. Just, stop making the game play like a completely different game, several months after I've been playing it.

Comments