Drifter hallucination fine-adjustment

SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
For the most part I'm fine with the skill, the only fine-tune I would LOVE to see is when you use the ability you deselect the drifter and select all of the hallucinations you just created. It would allow the commander to instantly control the new group and send it in a new direction. Currently trying to select the newly created hallucinations is pretty hard and is almost rarely done, especially in large fights. I think this would just allow the alien comm to gain full control of the hallucination ability.

Comments

• AlkixAlkix Join Date: 2013-07-10 Member: 186046Members
    I'm not sure i agree with this, but instead, i would like the hallucinations to be click and drag selectable at least. I don't think they are right now.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    No. I think the current best use of Hallucination is to cast it during a fight to split marine attention. That's why those lifeforms automatically move in random directions, so for at least the second they are created it is difficult to tell the real from the fake. Controlling a drifter during a fight is much more beneficial than controlling hallucinations since you can continue to cast the other clouds.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    sotanaht wrote: »
    No. I think the current best use of Hallucination is to cast it during a fight to split marine attention. That's why those lifeforms automatically move in random directions, so for at least the second they are created it is difficult to tell the real from the fake. Controlling a drifter during a fight is much more beneficial than controlling hallucinations since you can continue to cast the other clouds.

There are plenty of times where you use the ability and the hallucinations just sit there and you have to either leave them or try and select them and get them to move, even in a fight. With this adjustment you can leave everything in place, just autoselect the hallucinations after they are created in case you need to move them around, because right now trying to select created ones is damn near impossible. If you want to reselect your drifter hotkey it or you can just reclick on it way easier than all those hallucinations.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Right now you have to CTRL + click on a hallucination to select all of them. If alternatively, you box around them and you end up covering a player unit in that selection then you'll not select any hallucinations, just the players.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You can double click to select all hallucinations^

suggestion to make hallucination on drifters way better-

- Using hallucination while it is on cooldown will select all hallucinations that have been created by that drifter
    # this allows for easy post-hallucination-casting drifter movement away from combat, and then switching back to hallucinations