Echo Targeting

AlkixAlkix Join Date: 2013-07-10 Member: 186046Members
I get really frustrated with Echo sometimes. When I click a location to echo, it's rarely clear if the echo is actually going to work.

I get better feedback when trying to place a new structure (invalid location, or what have you).

My suggestion is to A) Make the feedback that the echo is going to happen or not happen a lot more obvious. B) If the target locaiton is bad, keep the click command prepped, so i don't h ave to select which building i want to echo again. C) I don't think this exists already, but a click and hold for echo/placement where it will select the first available open spot would be awesome.

Comments

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    While were at it, the ability to select whether I want to move a spur, shell, or veil when two or more of those choices are available. The Echo menu has only one slot for those 3 buildings so if shell is the one shown you can't move any spurs until there are no shells in range.
  • SkualSkual Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186469Members
    Hello,

I am a noob and I do not understand at all how Echo is supposed to work. I almost never managed to move an extractor to another spot where it was properly covered with infestation. The cloud does not even seem to start...

Could you please explain what at the "prerequisites" and the actions to perform this successfully? Shouldn't it only be that the target is covered with infestation or are there other things?
    Do you need a shift close to the targetted spot or do you need only one shift that is close to the original spot?
    Can the targetted spot be at the other side of the map or should it be close to the original shift?
  • AlkixAlkix Join Date: 2013-07-10 Member: 186046Members
    When you echo something, the thing you are moving has to be near the shift that is moving it. You will know if the thing you want to move is close enough because it will be selectable from the echo menu. After that, you only need to target a valid location, which is anywhere on the map on infestation (or for harvesters, on a resource node covered in infestation).

My post points out a shortcoming in the echo feedback that is probably causing you some headaches. If the target is invalid because there is a marine structure there that you can't see, or something else is blocking, it doesn't let you know, and it looks, for a second, like the echo actually went through.
  • StormApanStormApan Join Date: 2007-06-17 Member: 61280Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yes, the echo function was not working like my first intuition suspected. I spent half a match trying to figure out how to use it.
    I kept selecting buildings in the main window that were inside the radius displayed and then click echo ability but nothing happened.
    Took me a sweet time to figure out that it was the miniatures in the command window you´re supposed to click..