Medspam and jumping ever going to be changed?

13»

Comments

• TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    hakenspit wrote: »
    aliens have 0 chance of killing a marine if they get seen outside of melee range.....

This is where you assume way too much. If this was true, the aliens would never win any games.

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    hakenspit wrote: »
    aliens have 0 chance of killing a marine if they get seen outside of melee range....

This made me laugh so hard. Can't bite what's out of range? You don't say.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    Hmm, aliens also have plenty of ways to close the distance don't they or am I playing a different game?
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    amoral wrote: »
    mattji104 wrote: »
    good skulks will tear your face off regardless of your movement and aim if they get the drop on you.

9 bullets is faster than 3 bites. I dare say faster than 2 as well but I never tested or noticed with certainty

bite cone is a lot more forgiving.
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hmm, aliens also have plenty of ways to close the distance don't they or am I playing a different game?

as you are not a floor skulk I daresay you might be...

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    good skulks will tear your face off regardless of your movement and aim if they get the drop on you.

9 bullets is faster than 3 bites. I dare say faster than 2 as well but I never tested or noticed with certainty

bite cone is a lot more forgiving.
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Nah I'm more of a ceiling Skulk, AND I'M WATCHING YOU... DO STUFF! :P
  • lncabinlncabin Join Date: 2013-07-10 Member: 186024Members
    If a marine takes damage they shouldnt be allowed to jump for like a half second.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    I have no issues with spammers now, I have issues with jumpers with good aim, but that's because they can outplayed me. I am not competitive, but im a decent skulk. also, medspam cost res.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    lncabin wrote: »
    If a marine takes damage they shouldnt be allowed to jump for like a half second.

Then it would be impossible to dodge any skulk who can use parasite.
  • lncabinlncabin Join Date: 2013-07-10 Member: 186024Members
    Neoken wrote: »

I dont see the problem

• TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Neoken wrote: »

I dont see the problem

Then I'm glad that you don't get to decide.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Yes aliens have lerks with spikes, oh wait they added tracers cause nub marines found lerks annoying.
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer

18 bullets / sec, so you can kill a skulk in 0.5 sec. A skulk bites every 0.45 sec, so the second bite JUST hits before the 9th bullet.

And a marine standing on a pile of medpacks heals just less than 100 damage/sec, while a skulk does about 165 dps.. roughly speaking, should take about 2-3 seconds.

Armor makes things a bit more complex though - 70% of incoming damage is taken by armor, so as long as the marine has enough armor, the medpack will heal him up fully.

While the marine has at least 12.5 pts of armor left, the medpack will restore the marine to full health, and each bite will remove 26.5 pts of armor... you could call these "free bites". An A3 marine will thus take 4 bites before his health starts to drop, an A0 will take 1.

Once the armor is gone, you will need 4 more bites to get the marine down. So 5-8 bites depending on armor level. Assuming every attack hits... if you miss one attack, you need two more to make up for it (because each attack does an effective 25 pts of damage, as 50 pts is negated by a medpack.

This is a bit simplified; as the attacks goes in every .45 sec while you get healed every .53, the fifth attack is un-medded ... so this changes stuff down by a bite for A2 and A3 marines, probably.

Any case ... lots of medpacks makes for happy marines and (resource) poor commanders.
    edited August 2013
    matso wrote: »
    Once the armor is gone, you will need 4 more bites to get the marine down.

What do you mean by this? Landing a bite on a marine with 100/0 will take him down to 25/0, with a medpack healing him to 75/0, which means he dies from the second bite regardless of the medpack.
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    Therius wrote: »

What do you mean by this? Landing a bite on a marine with 100/0 will take him down to 25/0, with a medpack healing him to 75/0, which means he dies from the second bite regardless of the medpack.

You are right, I was confused; kills are done as soon as you take the damage. I really was too tired when I wrote that.
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Too Funny!!! haha at the picture.

[/quote]

Nah I'm more of a ceiling Skulk, AND I'M WATCHING YOU... DO STUFF! :P[/quote]

• FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Therius wrote: »

You are right, I was confused; kills are done as soon as you take the damage. I really was too tired when I wrote that.

Thanks for those numbers anyway! (Who was doing the wiki? Get 'em in here)
    It's interesting to know that marines technically need the ranged advantage on 0 armor. I always thought they could just barely outshoot the 2-bite kill. Frankly I think that should be the case, but I'm not even at a point where that matters for me every time XD