PHYSX > CPU

pagulhanpagulhan Join Date: 2013-08-03 Member: 186529Members
In the thread tittle you can see what I've got in the left upper corner in the main menu and in the game. I don't know how to turn this message or whatever it is off. There is no option in the option menu to take care of this. It's occured after the latest 2 patches. I didn't play for awhile so I don't know after which one of them it happened. Any ideas?

About 4 or 5 moths later there was a patch that "didn't do anything with performance" but some players reported low fps issue after the patch. I was one of them and the game is still unplayable for me (I can still play as gorge - fps drops to 10 don't really mather then) so I want to ask if anyone has found a solution for that fps drops.

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    This message came from your graphic driver and you cannot disable it ingame.
    Just check you PhysX settings in the driver panel.

To answer your question about fps drops:
    Buy a new PC.
    (Thats answer is the result of your detailed info about your PC configuration.)

• pagulhanpagulhan Join Date: 2013-08-03 Member: 186529Members
    (Thats answer is the result of your detailed info about your PC configuration.)
    Do you have a specific solution for each PC configuration? No. I ask if there is a general solution for "good fps before patch -> bad fps after patch". Especially when we realize that this patch didn't do anything with performance.
    My computer:
    630m
    8ram
    core i3 2,2
    I checked it up. Physx is chosen automatically by aplication and there's no such an option like "do not show information in the game" or something. NS2 is the only game that informs me about its choice. I don't know why but it has to be its fault, not my configuration.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    In the driver-panel is an setting "3d-Settings" above beside help and desktop.
    Just disable the physicX option.

And with 2,2 ghz there is nothing you can do to boost performance.
    Your Notebook cant handle NS2.
    Your Notebook cant handle NS2.
    I think you don't understande. My notebook could handle NS2 before patch that didn't do anything with performance with 30 - 40 fps. After patch that didn't do anything with performance, it can't. I also read that there were many players with similar problem as mine.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    PhysX is the best reason to opt for an AMD card imo.
    edited August 2013
    @pagulhan
    Im sure you set everything on low.
    Did you try to reinstall the game?

And btw. what did you expect? The magic button and you have 60 fps?
    Maybe you change a driver meanwhile? So its more an driverproblem?
    Did you use win 8.1?
    Some ppl reporting issues with beta drivers.

It seems NS2 using more ram now. How many ram are in your notebook?

All i can say is:
    Reinstall the game
    check your drivers

And i repeat: your notebook cant handle NS2
    Your PHYSX > CPU "problem" seem to be solved, no need to thank me for the help.
    And btw. what did you expect? The magic button and you have 60 fps
    Do you read what I write about my fps issue? I HAD 30 - 40 fps, no matter what happened on the screen. Then the patch THAT DID NOT DO ANYTHING WITH PERFORMANCE happened. If my notebook COULD handle NS2 before this patch and there were many posts on this forum from players like me who had fps problem never but after the patch, logic says there's something wrong with the game, not with my computer.

My notebook has 8gram, as I said above. Computer starts 2 minutes with new drivers so I'd rather stay with the old one (it takes 20 - 30 sec to start).

Anyway, I'm glad you tried to give me some clues about what happened. Thank you. I will thank you even more when I'm back and I can check if your "physx help" worked.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    im sure physx can either be run on cpu or cpu/gpu depending on the kind of.
    this one is cpu so far I know
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I've got the same gpu, same amount of ram and a better processor (i7 3610QM @ 2.3GHZ). It can run NS2, but not to any state I'd consider worth playing. 30fps at 1024x768 is pretty crappy.

Freaking store bought notebooks are the same as store bought desktops, only worse because you can't upgrade the notebooks.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    pagulhan wrote: »
    Do you have a specific solution for each PC configuration?
    Yes.
    Thats exactly what the technical support forums are for.

Please provide your techsupport.exe (found in your ns2 install directory) zip file here by attaching it or linking it.
    Then when you are experiencing what you feel to be the worst level of FPS in the game, type p_logall in the console (~ key)
    This will record a log containing every single frame for analysis.. try to capture the poor performance and then quit a few minutes after.
    You'll find the log in your hidden User/You/Appdata/Roaming/Natural selection 2 folder
    Compress it/zip it.
    Link it here.