Ultimate Feature Request List

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
So with the Reinforced program UWE is asking us to continue to support the development of this game down the road and allow for more wonderful features and updates. Many of those updates will be bug fixes and performance improvements while others may even bring new features. The question is what soft of features and things do we think UWE should be working on in the future? Below I have my list so feel free to comment and add yours below as well!

-Multi Threaded CPU support for dedicated servers
-Optimized server side code for better performance
-Better memory management for dedicated servers
-Exit command for dedicated servers (for mods ect to terminate the dedicated server cleanly)
-Better I/O handling for dedicated server (faster map changes ect)
-Scrollable console window in game
-Ability to copy and paste to console
-Ability to record demos like in NS1
-Server side demo recoding like NS1 HLTV
-Automatic recovery for when connection to steam workshop is lost so players can still play without action from server admin
-Prevent servers from dropping off the server list until they are restarted
-Fix scoreboard so that it displays correctly on 4:3 screens as it did before the last update
-Add option to make the mouse wheel work exactly the opposite as it does now for weapon selection (ie scroll direction)
-Ability for servers to toggle off the resource restrictions for commanders (really not needed and annoying in a pub environment)
-New maps!
-Add more secret rooms (they fun)
-Native MOTD support

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    -Shadow skulk skin (Muhahahahaaahaa!)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    - on weapon pickup: only switch when primary weapon is picked up (don't switch to a welder...)
    - make AV somewhat less bright
    - make normal alien vision highlighting brighter
    - make webs earlier tech and not costing res
    - scrollable chat window
    - make idling drifters invisible again
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Last time I checked you got to be recording before you even join a server or something and the disk usage is massive compared to other demo recording systems. For catching hackers ect you need to be able to start and stop demos any time and or have the server record them automatically like in hl1 and hl2 games.
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    You can already record demos, no?
    http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/index.php/Console_Commands
    "record"

Not the way he wants. That "record" functionality does not give you freedom to watch the game from any perspective; it simply records your game state and input over time and then replays that, essentially reproducing what your game executed during the recording (i.e. your viewpoint). He wants a more flexible demo system, one that would allow you to spectate from any point of view (including free camera, first and third person, comm view, etc.), pause, fast forward, rewind, maybe simultaneously watch with others, all that.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Exactly, just like hltv and sourcetv demo recoding.
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    -Ability to aim down the sight. Kappa.
  • DeskLampDeskLamp Australia Join Date: 2013-02-03 Member: 182783Members
    - When female commander in chair, female voice commands
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    -Give the commander the ability to toggle the automatic "Build structure at waypoint" thing on or off.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2013
    Hit the music, Johnny!
      Performance Benchmark Drifters more visible on comm's vision Fix gun "jamming", this has been a problem since forever Normal/AV highlighting range increase Tone down AV a bit, pls "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?" Default map key is C, comm's default "C" key is also C, all dem missed bone walls Holding down the medpack/ammo key for continuous drops by clicking the mouse (you wouldn't be able to inadvertently select units/buildings when activated) Range of the building shown before placing it Drifter AI, "range" and pathfinding fix (oh god why 8 res) Weapon not disappearing when a person is near it Blueprint power nodes subtitled: Indestructible (so new people could catch up on meta faster) or even: No Buildings To Power In This Room - PLS GO AWAY And the ZOO
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    love for low res would be nice. anyone else have issues comming low res? and trying todo stuff? like drop meds and buildings?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    StormApan wrote: »
    - "Thank you" voice command

I miss this since I started playing.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Weldable vents and doors! Not every single one, but perhaps in certain areas. Maybe aliens can break through them in a short period of time, so it would be more of a temporary way of stalling aliens from entering a room. Doors might be a problem in existing maps, but vents would be great.

I'd also like to see some experiments in regard to the sentry guns. I'd really like to see them placed more tactically in comp and pup play, so perhaps have it so you make them a lot more powerful/expensive but limit them to 1 per cc, with a very tiny FOV so they are only useful for blocking corridors (e.g. ALIENS) and not for jumping around in marine base hoping for them to get a kill for you. I think this would add a lot to the game tactically, whilst reducing marine turtling and making them more of an 'avoidable wall' that you can flank, but delays the alien teams movement on the map by forcing them to do that. This could have some knock on effect in pub games, so perhaps mines could be cheaper or you could have an electrified mine option that does small but steady damage over time. So running over it wouldn't do much, but standing around near it would.

The alien comm is going in the right direction, and is becoming more tactical than strategic because of the simplification of the upgrade tree. It would be great to see more commander/world interactions. Or ways of helping out players on the field perhaps.

Localised VOIP, so players near to you sound a lot louder than those further away. This would be great when you are in a room together and people are trying to tell you that the Skulk they are talking about is the one that is behind you. Could be difficult to implement because of the variables, so could be optional.

Cory redesigned the LMG model a while ago, and it looks really great. Stand out piece of art in the game in terms of design. I feel the shotgun could do with some love, as it doesn't 'look' quite as badass as it could do. It could do with some more finesse like the LMG model.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Or in sewleks beta test mod thread.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    It would be nice for server consistency checks to be able to whitelist or blacklist community made things especially since this was touted to be THE MOST MODDABLE GAME EVER.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    StormApan wrote: »
    - "Thank you" voice command
    +1 to that