Female Assault Skin and Female Elite Assault Skin?

Disco_StuDisco_Stu Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187965Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
Will there be a Female Assault Skin and Female Elite Assault Skin?

Also does the "Kill em all, it's the only way to be sure" taunt work for the female marine?

If so, I will pay $75 for the Shadow Badge right now!

Comments

• SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think the aliens taunt is only going to work for the female marine.
  • Disco_StuDisco_Stu Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187965Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I just bought the Shadow Badge but there taunt isn't in game yet for the female marine? is it in game for the male marine? Is anything in game yet?
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The female taunts confuse me... Why would you want to make the aliens "write bad checks?"
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    The female versions of the assault armor and elite assault armor are being modeled right now. Unfortunately these new models take a quite a bit of time to create. I imagine it will be about another week or week and a half before its in game. We do need to address the memory issues people are having first, however, before adding in any new models/textures.

I'm pretty sure the taunt is in game for the female marine. The taunts currently cycle through a list randomly, I believe, so it might take a few tries to get that specific one to play. At the moment we do not have a male equivalent of that taunt, however.

Everything else is in game now, though. The male versions of all the armors, the shadow skulk skin, and the in game badges,.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Do I only have the impression or are there a lot more female taunts than male taunts?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Do I only have the impression or are there a lot more female taunts than male taunts?

All the male marine voices are from NS1

And they had alot of time work on these new Female marine models/voices
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If you cycle through them there are about 15-20, male has like 5
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Male marine has four taunts, the female seems to have about 15 or so.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    BTW the female marine breathes like a dude when sprinting.
  • 11monkeys11monkeys Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 177001Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    countbasie wrote: »
    BTW the female marine breathes like a dude when sprinting.
    Yeah, noticed that aswell.

• RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Manly females. Pretty sure the "Weld Target at Waypoint" while inside an Exo even as a female marine does the male marine voice as well unless that got fixed recently.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    What Cory said. 256 is basically only bug fixes, crash fixes, and performance optimizations.

We're aware of the bugs with the female sprinting, jumping, and exosuit noises. I'm not sure if those are going to make it into 256, but I think at least the exosuit fix did.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Trading $9001 paypal for a gorge hat with a sub-colonel left shoulder patch and support pants with planets and a usual visor.

No lowballs.
  • Disco_StuDisco_Stu Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187965Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    FINALLY heard the taunt for the female marine. When do we get the taunt for the male marine?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    Disco_Stu wrote: »
    FINALLY heard the taunt for the female marine. When do we get the taunt for the male marine?

I dont even think the voice actor for the Male Marines is still around

(Then again I dont know who it is, for all I know it could be Flayra)
  • ZoxufZoxuf Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186318Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    is this still being worked on?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Zoxuf wrote: »
    is this still being worked on?
    Yup. Model is done, and will be getting rigged soon.