NS2 intro and review

AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
So I decided to start learning video/audio recording and editing and the first project I used to test the waters is this NS2 intro/review:

I figured I would drop it off here even though the intro part will be mostly irrelevant to everyone here. Naturally it contains some opinion but I'd welcome disagreements as well as criticisms of the video if you don't mind taking the time to watch it.

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    you ignored welding armor. :'(
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff

No really, awesome video, loved every last minute of it.
  • AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members
    you ignored welding armor. :'(

Gah! I did! Ah well, there's a couple basic thing I left out and I may do some advanced tutorials for it just to cover everything.

AuroN2 wrote: »
    No really, awesome video, loved every last minute of it.

Thanks! Is there anything you think I could do better?

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    But welding armor IS basic.
    /slaps :D
  • AsmodiesAsmodies Join Date: 2004-06-17 Member: 29353Members

Honestly after playing the game for so long things like wallhop chaining and microing drifters during fights are basic now, so I'm not surprised I skipped a couple essential things. I was thinking about doing advanced tutorials after this that really cut into how the mechanics work, but I'm unsure about that since the mechanics could be seriously changed still. I dunno, what do you guys think about a really detailed mechanics tutorial int he same style?
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Asmodies wrote: »

Honestly after playing the game for so long things like wallhop chaining and microing drifters during fights are basic now, so I'm not surprised I skipped a couple essential things. I was thinking about doing advanced tutorials after this that really cut into how the mechanics work, but I'm unsure about that since the mechanics could be seriously changed still. I dunno, what do you guys think about a really detailed mechanics tutorial int he same style?

You could try something different. You could do one video on what each alien lifeform should be focusing on doing. Even if the game mechanics change somewhat, they tend to remain the same in terms of role. For example, the skulk in early game is a good battle unit and res harassment. Later, though res harassment remains important, it wanes as a battle unit and can be better used as something to focus on structures.

Though with the recent increase in lerk bite rate it's now easier to get RTs as the lerk.