Which servers has UWE Hive ranking enabled?

lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
"Which servers has UWE Hive ranking enabled?" you might have asked yourself. Well, I did anyway. I case you missed it Hive ranking is due to abuse now disabled by default for all servers. The ones that are included are then individually whitelisted by UWE, but it's not at all obvious which are.

So I compiled a list. Note that it only includes servers that are actually active. There may be more but no one really players there.

http://lwf.rocketblast.com/ns2_servers/

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Thanks for the list.
  • DGKHaploDGKHaplo Join Date: 2002-12-22 Member: 11324Members, Constellation
    @lwf just curious how you are able to tell which ones are whitelisted?
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Strange list.
    Why is there an "hacked" 30 slot server included noone is playing on?
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Simply by scraping the top players profiles. If a server is listed in players recent match history, then it it's whitelisted. ;)
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    @AceDude

AFAIK you're the one whitelisting servers. Any official list ?

EDIT : *Publicly available official list * ?
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hmm, there is no official list yet. I think I'll make it tomorrow. It could be usefull for me too - I'll add an option to report servers that abuse the system.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Would be awesome to mark those servers somehow in the server browser!
    edited September 2013
    Asraniel wrote: »
    That could be done with relative ease, but I doubt I'll be doing it if it's added officially so quickly.

Spark can fetch and parse JSON out of the box, so just grab http://lwf.rocketblast.com/ns2_servers/servers.json (updated once per day) on menu startup and match the IP:Ports against the servers using a filter or whatever.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Maybe they could make white listed servers stay white and everything else yellow :>
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Maybe they could make white listed servers stay white and everything else yellow :>

I don't know... that would be like the server browser discouraging players from joining modded servers again. As a mod, since it will only be used by a relatively tiny part of the player base or on a web page so those that really, really care can look it up. But integrated in the server browser it could hit servers that aren't ranked pretty hard.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yea I know, I suggested it as a joke because of the above reasons.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Well honestly, i dont want play on semi modded servers. Nothing against combat, but i hate those servers that say they are ns2, but are not really
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    can this be added as server browser filter?

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    So any news about the official list?
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I will make it within next 24h.
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    edited September 2013
    @Ace
    Thank you for your efforts.

P.S.
    Can the ranking system be added to any server or does the servin admin have to contact Uwe?
    I review the servers manually once they report 50 matches to the Hive. Only un-modified servers can send data.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    AceDude wrote: »
    I review the servers manually once they report 50 matches to the Hive. Only un-modified servers can send data.

You should maybe add an option so if you want to do some tests you can stop sending data. i.e. allow to opt-out of the whitelist or the whitelisting process via a ConVar.
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @AceDude It's pretty bad that most servers are ruledout just by having admin mods active.
    Shouldn't there be a mod whitelist for Shine and DAK?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Does this mean that servers running custom admin tools, and custom maps (since they show up as a "mod") will not report ranking stats back to the hive?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Benson wrote: »

Does this mean that servers running custom admin tools, and custom maps (since they show up as a "mod") will not report ranking stats back to the hive?
    yes
    edited September 2013
    That's not completly true any server running bns2 or ns2stats beta can also enable vanilla ranking. In fact ns2stats beta sents datas to hive and ns2stats.com , but those server are tagged as modded

Thats the reason why e.g. my and the HBZ servers are on the list.
    Indeed.

You can also opt the server out of sending stats in BNS2, should you (the server owner) want to apply gameplay changing mods.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2147143/#Comment_2147143
    Here's the list: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/servers/whitelist
    Option to send abuse reports is coming soon (after the weekend I guess).
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Here's the list: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/servers/whitelist
    Option to send abuse reports is coming soon (after the weekend I guess).

So there are only 88 non modded servers that are active enough to report 50 matches? Or do UWE servers just go in automatically leaving 45 servers.
    every server on that list had at least 50 matches reported. About 10 very popular servers are waiting for a security fix that should appear in the next build.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    Do servers fail to report if it's under a certain playercount? Also when you lose while doing so much -damage- compared to your team, the rating loss/gain is a bit broken, even though it should strictly be about winning, it's sometimes impossible under a public setting to win regardless of how you do, anyway back to my original point I think these ratings should be hidden, that way you can base them on more factors
    edited September 2013
    ezekel wrote: »
    Do servers fail to report if it's under a certain playercount? Also when you lose while doing so much -damage- compared to your team, the rating loss/gain is a bit broken, even though it should strictly be about winning, it's sometimes impossible under a public setting to win regardless of how you do, anyway back to my original point I think these ratings should be hidden, that way you can base them on more factors

Ok i will clear things up a bit:

Vannila Factors that player stats are sent to Hive at Gameend at current build 257:

A round has to be longer than 1 min to be tracked, but playerdatas are only send if player has played more than 90% of Roundtime or more than 5 min in a team. Moreover the server has to be unmoded (ModList = 0). Does hive filter round with less than x players i dont know (NS2Stats.com doesn't take rounds with less than 10 players into ranking).

And hidding these stats is on the one hand imposible as long as playerranking is open-source and on the other hand not usefull. Because what is the point of a ranking system if noone can look up the ranks. Ofc i agree that there should be a opt-out option for all those players who want to hide their stats from public. But be sure anyone with a bit knowledge of coding can get your stats anyway.

BTW if you come up with a algorithm to rank ppl based on their actual gameplay i would love to see it. ATM most games use the ELO System as it has proven itself to be in most cases correct

edited September 2013
    The games were longer than a minute
    I was in the game from the match start to end
    And the server tracked previous games played

So it's one of two things

1) It doesn't submit data if the server is missing players under a certain playercount, or it's a bug and

2) When you hop inside the command chair on a match where you are a ground player just to drop something/medpack the team or for whatever reason the com is out, the game will no longer track you because it assumes you've taken the role of the commander, which would be a bug (if you start as com and end as com, then you should be considered commander)

As for ranks, there's no problem with the 'leaderboard' and having players ranked 1-x, I'm just saying hide the skill rating so that it can be based on more factors, especially important factors such as accuracy, objectives completed, and assists. Right now it seems to give you a rating based on your score per minute and then if you win or lose it multiplies it by some factor (just a guess)

I mean if this is going to be used to 'matchmake' players, you want it to be accurate.. I know the playerbase isn't insane high but it should work out

edit: And 'level' seems to be based on time played, so simply just playing more will make that increase, and you require level 1 to be displayed; I'm not sure what levels are used for and if they have any weighting or will be used in matching
    actually I think it's tracked via your k/d/a + your score per minute?