Can not connect to any server. Is an update rolling in...

_INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
... as I see only a handful of players on a few servers. The other servers are all empty. When I try to log into one, I get the message that
my "Your game files do not match the servers, verify your cache, or maybe an update is coming" (something like that).
Is this just my problem? I've verfied my steam files 3 times over the last 2 hours already... -.-

Edit: Always 1 file failed to validate.

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    There is not an update.

Your choices are a mod has made one of your files no longer pass consistency checking. One or more of your files has been corrupted. if the file missing consistency checking is the same one. Delete it and validate your cache.

hard to tell with out seeing you log (%appdata%/Natural Selction 2/log.txt

Worst case, follow obby's nuke it from from orbit guide.
  • T_A_BT_A_B Join Date: 2006-11-29 Member: 58777Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    I am also experiencing a similar issue. I have 3 servers showing as all full. Several showing as empty with very high pings. Most showing as empty with ping of 999. There are also sever duplicates of my favourited servers in the list with 999 ping.

Screeny http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183504062
    Also I'm no longer able to queue for full servers, before I could click on a full server and it would wait at the server list page until there was a space then join me. Now it attempts to join and dumps me back to the main menu with the Server Full message box.
    Ok a full nuke and re-install has made it worse. Now my favourites are not showing in the list and I have no servers at all listed, it seems to be stuck on "updating".
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It works again today, without having changed anything. Probably it had something to do with internet connection. Though other games were fine.