Deluxe Player with a first time ever comment

2»

Comments

• AlicethechainAlicethechain Nunya Join Date: 2013-10-18 Member: 188753Members
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was not expecting my thread to generate so much discussion.

I wanted to emphasize again in my original post what I said;

"I'm not really that good of a player, despite having been playing this since it was first available to early supporters of the game about 4 years go or however long that was. So I'm not saying I'm the absolute authority on the matter but just speaking from someone who has been playing NS2 for a very very long time. The balance seems out of sync at the moment. I felt I needed to voice my opinion and experiences."

Some people are quickly put on the defensive and almost turn argumentative with what I would consider, a rather innocent post.

To everyone suggesting the tips:

Thank you! Most of what you have suggested such as "don't ground run," "parasite first," "wall jumping for extra speed" etc... etc... are things I do and am well aware of.

Lastly, I'm not a "smurf" account. I really am a deluxe player. If there is some way to prove it then I will gladly do that.

To everyone that has contributed, in agreement or disagreement, thank you!

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    you may also want to consider pillar hopping if possible. :)
  • AceDauntlessAceDauntless Join Date: 2013-05-16 Member: 185253Members, Reinforced - Gold
    As a skulk just always stay by a wall, don't engage in the open. If you're constantly walljumping in combat, marines strafe jump not only become nullified, you easily are much faster. The boost gained from walljumping is much more than strafe jumping.

If you engage a marine in say, the middle of crossroads and have no walls to deal with, yeah you're boned. Just, don't engage there.
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey ..

I'm pretty sure UWE are making changes on this at the moment .. reducing the jumping crap marines currently have

so you're only worry should be closing the distance (if you're like me and just like attacking, none of this ambush crap :P ) .. but this is as designed and alright ;)

anyhow .. some of your worries should be dealt with in a near future patch I think

(my source is the twitchtv 'state of the game' http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/471640080 .. skip to 22:20 for start .. and 23:40 .. this is the Beta mod which has changes that will eventually make it into the game..)