Forum Information

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hi guys,

This is a temporary forum to allow you to chat about Subnautica in a private environment. It will be replaced with a proper Subnautica forum later this year.

For now, only Shadow & Onos Tiers have access to this forum. If those tiers find this forum useful, we will consider making permanent private Shadow/Onos forums.

- Hugh

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I believe that a "private" subforum for Shadows/Onos will be largely abandoned.
    Consti and S5 subforums where rarely in use when they where "active".
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    GISP wrote: »
    I believe that a "private" subforum for Shadows/Onos will be largely abandoned.
    Consti and S5 subforums where rarely in use when they where "active".

I vow to disprove this statement!!!!
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I would love to chat about Subnautica, but im still waiting for the twitter thing :P
  • EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    YAY we got the forum! Now, are you only gonna post updates on the game in twitter or start doing so here as well? I don't have a problem using twitter, I just think that since this is the only reason I have a twitter atm and aint gotten to the habit of checking it often so it could be a lot easier to check here instead.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    YAY we got the forum! Now, are you only gonna post updates on the game in twitter...

Yes, updates will only be made via Twitter for now. On Dec 15 more SN stuff will come online, and you will be able to get info elsewhere
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    We should have someone volunteer to post all twitter related media and news as a New thread / News post in these forums...
    I volunteer to promote your post if you do. :x
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like the idea of private shadow/onos forum but I do see the fear of it not getting used.
  • EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    A private forum would be handy if there's going to be any further exclusive news for Shadow+ donators in the future. But in my experience exclusive areas always have the danger of forming a huge ugly clique over time.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Skope wrote: »
    2. Bragging rights for resurrecting the oldest discussion on the site. That's another check for my bucket list. o:)

wwgpt.jpg
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Subnautican Patriotism runs high in this online Era of Good Feelings, providing a lovely contrast to day-to-day life in the post-election America! Thank you all for this wonderful experience.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    So, why am I resurrecting this discussion that has been long dead?

1. Just to show how old this Subnautica forum, so we can reminisce about the olden days. I mean November 2013! That's just over 3 years ago! Subnautica wasn't even in early access if I remember correctly. Think of how far Subnautica has come since then, I don't even know if anyone in this forum even knew what this game would be like at the time. Now we have the Lost River, Sea Dragon Leviathans, an amazing fan story (Brought to you by @Bugzapper), politics of all things, and a community of great people. We should be proud of where we have come from, as we head for the future.
    2. Bragging rights for resurrecting the oldest discussion on the site. That's another check for my bucket list.

Merry Christmas!

>Go to last page
    >Necro oldest thread
    >Think this gives you bragging rights

Well alrighty then
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    So, why am I resurrecting this discussion that has been long dead?

1. Just to show how old this Subnautica forum, so we can reminisce about the olden days. I mean November 2013! That's just over 3 years ago! Subnautica wasn't even in early access if I remember correctly. Think of how far Subnautica has come since then, I don't even know if anyone in this forum even knew what this game would be like at the time. Now we have the Lost River, Sea Dragon Leviathans, an amazing fan story (Brought to you by @Bugzapper), politics of all things, and a community of great people. We should be proud of where we have come from, as we head for the future.
    2. Bragging rights for resurrecting the oldest discussion on the site. That's another check for my bucket list.

Merry Christmas!

>Go to last page
    >Necro oldest thread
    >Think this gives you bragging rights

Well alrighty then

It's a joke. I didn't think I would need to explain this, but here it is. The main reason why I resurrected this was about how amazing Subnautica has become in the past few years, and this thread is some of its deepest roots. The use of the term "Bragging rights" was just to keep things light, and not give a "GROUP HUG EVERYONE!" kind of a feeling. But, I digress. Let's all just focus on the greatness that is Subnautica.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I tried that over on HLP forums a while back. Similar response, IIRC.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited December 2016
    9ljbiz2apopc.png

(I'm not calling you a moron @Skope, it just seemed apt.)
    TN.PNG 393.5K
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    9ljbiz2apopc.png

No problem, as a mister Darwin said earlier in this thread.

fob0ettkjir8.png

I must say, phenomenal Photoshop work there.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    9ljbiz2apopc.png

I agree
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2016
    I love the Minions.
    They're useful in so many ways...

Zombie-2.jpg
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I love the Minions.
    They're useful in so many ways...

Zombie-2.jpg

Well, aren't those...ahem.

Beautiful...
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Photoshop isn't really required -- there's software specifically dedicated to making custom Magic cards.
    Mirality wrote: »
    Photoshop isn't really required -- there's software specifically dedicated to making custom Magic cards.

Well, you've made me interested. I must check that out sometime.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Where Are The Machine Guns? There Are Minions Attacking And I Need My Machine Guns.