Drifter and likely also possible MAC bug

simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
Was playing around with queued orders for the drifter in a public game yesterday, and I told a drifter to follow a gorge. I then shift clicked a bunch of queue'd waypoints for the drifter after his order would complete, and then the drifter became "stuck". I couldn't get him to stop following the gorge, enzyme, mucus, anything. He kept following the gorge, all the while still showing a long list of queued up waypoints. Even when the gorge died, the drifter stood still until the player of that gorge respawned, then the drifter would run across the map to meet up with him again.

This is really just a minor annoyance, but it wasted a drifter :(

It was kind of heartwarming to see that drifter's loyalty to that gorge player though.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make drifter
2. Set him to follow a player
3. Queue up commands for drifter until you hit the maximum
4. Realize your drifter is now worthless

Possible other reproduce:
1. Try with mac

I imagine what's happening is there's logic somewhere when you try to give the drifter a new order. It checks the order "queue" first, see's it's full, then immediately ignores the order. It doesn't check first to see if the order I am giving it is a new order that should override the queue.

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Thanks for the report, will try to get this reproduced internally and then get it onto the internal bug tracker.