short strafe jump restriction on parasite

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
In some way i like the new marine strafe jump. A few days ago i was able to outjump an onos 3 times and there for was able to kill him.
Also it's much more easier to dodge for a fade. And sometimes you can outjump multiple skulks for ages.
And i think it goes wrong at the skulk thing. I won't explain cause its mentioned tons of times on the forum.
Anyway, i had this idea, if a skulk parasites a marine than the marine strafe jumping is restricted to the old strafe jumping values for like 0.5 second.

Comments

• HobocopHobocop Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75226Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What?

Strafe jumping was returned to the old values in build 259.

Think you might just be playing against subpar aliens.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lol, then those aliens where really bad :)
    I was thinking that i got used to the better jumping marines as a skulk :)
    Now alien vision back to the green stuff and i'm totally happy :)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Guess what, strafejumping never made a huge difference and the perceived problem with it was largely psychosomatic
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It was not. "Dodge jump was removed": Acceleration+ while holding strafe keys, no other values.
    Basically nothing really changed with Marine pogo but the distance they were able to jump and the sudden direction change. Enough nerfed you might say, but its still the case that constant jumping remains a valid skill for Marines. Heck I am shitty as Marine, still can survive 1-2 Skulk in an open room as long as I wan't. Just by jumping around constantly. So why don't we hear more complaining from Skulk players? Either because they are able to kill them after patch 259 with better, "fixed" collision or they know it'd gonna be dismissed as a l2p issue.
    All you can l2p against a Marine that knows how to jump and shoot is either fall of wall and get one bite in and run, hoping another finishes him off OR use another Skulk as distracting sacrifice and manage a kill...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    It was not. "Dodge jump was removed": Acceleration+ while holding strafe keys, no other values.
    What other values were changed?
    And I'm sorry but regardless of the fact you think jumping is OP, rour post reeks of l2p issues. Your last paragraph indicates that you haven't really experienced teamwork as you seem to think that it requires yourself or someone else to die?