keyboard changes

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I play ns2 really long now. But lately i have a problem where my keys change.

I keep walking forward, can't walk backwards, if i press that key i just stand still (going forward plus backward is standing still i suppose).
I can't walk to the left and w and z are switched. First i fixed it by rebinding my keys in ns2. So i setted walking forward to z instead of w etc.
But this is really annoying todo cause i have quite some keys to change to make it work like it used to.

I really hope someone can help me. Its quite frustrating when you have a JP and a shotgun and you have to restart the game...

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    You should be able to fix this using the bindings menu (under options) or is there something I am missing?
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    Yeah. If i press w on my keyboard for example then ns2 thinks it's a z for example. In every other program w is just w when i type and the same for z. Only not in ns2 untill i restart n2.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    You probably switch layout (especially azerty/qwerty) by doing the Alt+Shift combination. Try to deactivate this shortcut, or doing it again to go to your original layout.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    yes thanks your right