A few minor Glitches

GalapagOGalapagO Florida Join Date: 2014-01-14 Member: 193121Members
Evolving into an Onos on the southern side of the extractor in Seeding (hydro map) will sometimes result in your becoming partially trapped in the console making you immobile.

Buying a exo suit before dual exos have been researched makes it impossible to upgrade your exo later. (Even when dual exo has been researched and you have the res) There does seem to be a solution to the problem as it EVENTUALLY fixes itself but it takes a damn long time.

*Not trying to complain just making sure that UW knows.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    Thank you, I will look into these.
  • GalapagOGalapagO Florida Join Date: 2014-01-14 Member: 193121Members
    Also beacons seem to sometimes not make the warning noise. This may be because of lag or just me managing to not hear it. But it causes aliens to get trapped in the enemy base OCCASIONALLY. This doesn't seem to happen often.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    GalapagO wrote: »
    Also beacons seem to sometimes not make the warning noise. This may be because of lag or just me managing to not hear it. But it causes aliens to get trapped in the enemy base OCCASIONALLY. This doesn't seem to happen often.

Allready known issue which is fixed in 263 afaik ;)

Allready known issue which is fixed in 263 afaik ;)

Awesome!
    A few more. Watching a fade blink during death cam can cause the sound to linger for maybe 30 seconds after you re-spawn. Sometimes cysts cannot be placed in a room for no apparent reason.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    A few more. Watching a fade blink during death cam can cause the sound to linger for maybe 30 seconds after you re-spawn. Sometimes cysts cannot be placed in a room for no apparent reason.
    Also known but I've never been able to find the code to stop it. And try to use the Question about a bug thread that is pinned in general discussions for this sort of stuff. Thank you for reporting bugs, it's the only way they get fixed.
    If you see spots where you cannot drop a cyst type nav_debug into console and take a picture of the spot and link it in the thread I mentioned.
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Also known but I've never been able to find the code to stop it. And try to use the Question about a bug thread that is pinned in general discussions for this sort of stuff. Thank you for reporting bugs, it's the only way they get fixed.
    If you see spots where you cannot drop a cyst type nav_debug into console and take a picture of the spot and link it in the thread I mentioned.
    You guys are great, really on the ball! The questions about a bug thread.... hu... I'll try to figure out what that means.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    You guys are great, really on the ball! The questions about a bug thread.... hu... I'll try to figure out what that means.

He is talking about this thread: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132354/
    It's just better to post there so your issue reports don't get lost here in the tech support section ;)
  • HellishEntHellishEnt Join Date: 2014-02-09 Member: 193883Members
    I have experienced some fairly serious issues with the game, namely crashing at improtant times. It crashes most often when I become a higher lifeform, but will crash every now and then, when shooting as a Frontiersman (so far twice, once using the rifle, and once using the shotgun). If it's any help my OS is Ubuntu 13.1. Hope you can fix this, so I can properly play this great game.
    edited February 2014
    HellishEnt wrote: »
    I have experienced some fairly serious issues with the game, namely crashing at improtant times. It crashes most often when I become a higher lifeform, but will crash every now and then, when shooting as a Frontiersman (so far twice, once using the rifle, and once using the shotgun). If it's any help my OS is Ubuntu 13.1. Hope you can fix this, so I can properly play this great game.

263 will fix some critical issues with linux and specially with linux and amd cards. Source:
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The other major thing is for now to try turning your texture quality down, helps keep things from tunning out of memory in the linux build as well.