Steam first time launch dialog every single time

RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
edited February 2014 in Technical Support
Any idea how can i get rid of the damn thing? For some unknown reason, NS2, every time i start it displays Steam's first time laucnhing popup which i have to confirm. It's very annoying. I've tried re-installing the game entirely, but it keeps on doing the same thing. I've also tried deleting appcache and blob thingie that usualyl helps, but not here. Any other ideas?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    RejZoR wrote: »
    Any idea how can i get rid of the damn thing? For some unknown reason, NS2, every time i start it displays Steam's first time laucnhing popup which i have to confirm. It's very annoying. I've tried re-installing the game entirely, but it keeps on doing the same thing. I've also tried deleting appcache and blob thingie that usualyl helps, but not here. Any other ideas?

Please post this at the "Tech Support" section of this forum after reading this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    This happened to me when I copied my steam folder over to a new PC, rather than redownloading everything from scratch. Anyway the dialogue still appears every time I load the game, BUT it's only there for a split-second (new PC) so I'm not fussed about it.
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    See if the first time install script was left in the ns2 install directory and delete it. It's a .vdf script
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Walsa wrote: »
    See if the first time install script was left in the ns2 install directory and delete it. It's a .vdf script

Hey, thx for that. Didn't think it was this easy. Just deleted all .vdf files found within NS2 folder and now the game launches directly. Thx dude!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    *Phased to Tech Support*