Vsync always enabled on Linux

B166ERDKB166ERDK Join Date: 2013-09-04 Member: 187770Members, Reinforced - Gold
Hi

Ever since the update before the Current "Kodiak" update, NS2 has introduced a bug where vsync is always enabled no matter what..
Turning off vsync in NS2's options have no effect.. So the game is always jumping from 30 - 60 fps during gaming..

I'm 100% that it is not my system, I always have vsync off, and I have no problem in any other of my 97 Linux games, only NS2..
And NS2 did not use to have this bug, as i said it came with the update before kodiak.

I have waited with posting this because I thought it would problaby get fixed in the next update, but now kodiak is here and vsync still will not turn off.

My system:
Manjaro Linux with kernel 3.13.10
Cinnamon desktop 2.0.14
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2GB with Nvidia driver 331.67

Hoping to hear from you.

P.s and if anybody else is having this bug on Linux too please make a quick post so we can see how many have this problem.

Comments

• B166ERDKB166ERDK Join Date: 2013-09-04 Member: 187770Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Yay, Ok never mind I've fixed it..

Used a solution one of the developers wrote about for another problem. And now it works perfect again vsync is off and i can see fps between 30-60, yay!

Heres what I did:
    Delete these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\core\lua
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2\lua

All paths relative to your steam directory of course. And then after deleting, go into Steam and re-verify your game cache (to redownload those particular files, only a few MB).