gorge spit guaranteed noreg

turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited May 2014 in Technical Support
http://www.twitch.tv/turtsmcgurt/b/530131527

when touching a marine from the sides or back, a gorge's spit will not register. recorded at 8000 bitrate 720p 60fps for clarity, afterwards I thought that you guys will want the net_stats window up, but I don't really care to redo it. it was in a sandbox game and is easily reproducible. it's been like this for a long time, I just haven't really cared too much to post it.

my guess as to why this happens has to do with the spit projectile being instantiated inside of the marine hitbox. that would explain why when you're touching the front of the marine, it will work properly. (assuming the collision/hitboxes are two separate things) the collision box is preventing you from getting too close to the hitbox.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    This is known, and reported as a high priority bug on 11th February 2014
    Dont fret, as it is on our list and in our sights, still tho :)
    Thanks
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Pony pls this bug is over a year old :)
    It's been known you spit yourself for a long time
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    9 months, actually. ;) Just didn't get officially reported until feb for some reason.. but you are right it was known before.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited May 2014
    so is this planned to be fixed sometime relatively soon? i can't imagine how long those low priority bugs are going to take.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    If fixed, will gorge have to be nerfed?
    It is on the immediate to fix list.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter