Enable the "Show Tech Tree" feature for spectators

ShamelessCookieShamelessCookie United States Join Date: 2014-06-11 Member: 196499Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
Currently, spectating shows icons for researched tech at the lower left and right of the screen. It also shows biomass level (e.g. 3/12) at the upper right. However, one thing not available to spectators is viewing of the full tech trees (the same trees viewable in game as either Marine or Alien).

This would be beneficial to show, for example, what specific upgrades the aliens are able to make use of from having biomass level X and upgrades for lifeform Y (as opposed to having to memorize the tree).

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Such as the J key for players. I could see use in this.
  • ShamelessCookieShamelessCookie United States Join Date: 2014-06-11 Member: 196499Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    james888 wrote: »
    Such as the J key for players. I could see use in this.

Exactly. Those same trees would be great to have as spectator
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I've tried before, it's a lot of work and really only coded for one team at a time