Bandaid Mod- IT'S THE NATURAL SOLUTION TOO!

1235»

Comments

• cokaznrebelcokaznrebel USA Join Date: 2014-07-05 Member: 197236Members
    I am loving the new skulk...HUGE improvement. I really dislike the current feel of the skulk, and LOVED the original.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited July 2014
    I am loving the new skulk...HUGE improvement. I really dislike the current feel of the skulk, and LOVED the original.

Isn't this modded skulk less like the orginal?

In terms of movement anyway:
    NS1 skulk - low/medium base speed, difficult skilled movement, high reward on skilled movement
    NS2 skulk - low/medium base speed, easy skilled movement, medium reward on skilled movement
    mod skuik - medium/high base speed, easy skilled movement, low/medium reward on skilled movement

Also, hp is the same between ns1 and ns2 skulk, whereas modded skulk has slightly lower hp. However, I'm not sure if the number of LMG bullets-to-kill is the same between ns1 and ns2.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    @d0ped0g its small tweaks that just improve the feel in a subtle way.
    I assume cokaznrebel is talking about the original in NS2 before it was turned into a wall bobbing brick. Play the mod is all I can recommend really.
    I'm relatively sure that he meant ns1 skulk by "the original" as he very recently posted about fond memories of ns1 (his only other posts in this forum).

I don't understand how ns2 skulk has "turned into" a brick. Shouldn't that be the other way around? My experience is that it has become less brick-like. When I think of "brick skulk", I think of the builds before BT mod when walljumping was first revised into what we have today. Personally, I almost certainly wouldn't be playing today if we still had to use the original skulk because it handled like a brick - something I was getting progressively sick of, and felt was addressed by BT mod changes. So to say that skulk has become a brick, and wasn't before, seems backwards to me.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    @d0ped0g‌, the mod doesn't really make it a low reward on skilled movement, remember it doesn't effect (affect?) the max speed. A skulk crawling along will still get killed quickly, moreso with the 1 less bullet required in the mod.

As Howser said however, all we can do is play the mod and make our own judgements :P
    Sorry, I just meant to say that it has a comparitively lower reward on skilled movement compared to vanilla ns2 (each walljump gives you less speed than it does in vanilla, but isn't necessarily unrewarding, or rewarding on an unsignificant scale). I will edit it to be low/medium to better communicate this. I just thought having high reward then medium reward than low reward was a simpler/clearer way of showing that one is more rewarding than the other.

I was only illustrating the comparitive differences between the 3 skulks, to show that vanilla ns2 skulk is closer to ns1 skulk than the modded skulk is, because I thought it was weird that cokaznrebel would dislike vanilla ns2 movement, but like the modded skulk, when the former is closer to the original ns1 skulk he is so fond of. I was not imparting any critical opinion or judgement on the mod, but instead pointing out that that particular opinion seemed strange.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    Also, hp is the same between ns1 and ns2 skulk, whereas modded skulk has slightly lower hp. However, I'm not sure if the number of LMG bullets-to-kill is the same between ns1 and ns2.

What you see in the corner of your screen is just a number. How much HP that is is determined by the comparative value to everything else in the game (e.g. damage per bullet).
    So you can't just say the NS2 skulk has the same HP as the NS1 skulk because the number is the same, really.
    edited July 2014
    d0ped0g wrote: »

What you see in the corner of your screen is just a number. How much HP that is is determined by the comparative value to everything else in the game (e.g. damage per bullet).
    So you can't just say the NS2 skulk has the same HP as the NS1 skulk because the number is the same, really.

-_- I didn't "just say" that. There are 2 sentences in what you quoted. Read the 2nd.

I am fully aware that that hp is just a number, and surely the sentence that considers that bullets-to-kill might be different shows that.