Engine console commands

RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Where could i find ALL console commands for NS2, i'm particularly interested in all related to graphics, physics and sound for latest build 267. I feel the need to fiddle with the engine, but the ones that i found on wiki are quite limited and couldn't find any related to physics or sound. Most of the stuff found on wiki just toggles what you already have in settings, i'm talking about more hidden stuff, graphics and physics settings that aren't listed in main settings menu, especially sound related stuff, number of simultaneous 3D sounds, size of the sound buffers etc.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    The ns2 wiki is your friend: http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Console_Commands :D

Some 267 commands are still missing but will be added soon.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    So that's it? I've already checked that and 99% of settings are already found in main menu settings, making these rather obsolete. Also, no sound settings at all?

Or is there like an .cfg or .ini configuration file for the game where i can fiddle with the settings like you can with Unreal Engine based games? I love those games, because i can always tweak the engine and especially sound to my needs and hardware (seeing how most games stuck their sound to 32 sounds only and i have 128 available) and the fact how sound is often skipping and stuttering i just need to tweak it out.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    hmm ns2 displays most setting in the menu. But everything can be found in %appdata\Natural Selection 2\system_options.xml and steam\userdata\yoursteamid\4920\remote\options.xml

And the issue with sounds is the used fmod module. There is not anything you could tweak about that without having access to the engine code and compiling your own version of ns2.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Sound access*. It's all in the fdp
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Really, no sound parameters that are under direct control? So it's all hardcoded whether you like it or not. Well that's a shame.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    RejZoR wrote: »
    Really, no sound parameters that are under direct control? So it's all hardcoded whether you like it or not. Well that's a shame.

I'm still unsure what kind of sound parameters you are searching for
    Simulatanous 3D sound count, buffer lenght/size, 3D sound parameters (if there are any) etc.