[267] Stomp still available after 3rd hive dies, though does no damage/effect

AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi there,

I was playing on an UWE official Europe server today (B267) as aliens. I was an Onos, we had 3 hives and Onos upgrades already before I evolved to it. We didn't have biomass 9 at that point though, that came later after I'd evolved.

The cave hive (Mineshaft) got killed dropping the biomass back to 6. I didn't notice well as I was busy holding on to our successful Operations takeover. Someone else said "Onos won't have stomp now mind" as someone else was evolving, I thought (and said) "wtf yes we do, I'm using it" to which he said "oh that must be because you had it before the hive got killed". I don't remember abilities staying after biomass is lost though.

I kept on using stomp, and other aliens could see I was using stomp (as I asked) but noticed it didn't have any effect on the marines. Marines noticed I was using it too as the smarter ones were jumping in time to evade it, but the those still on the ground didn't get knocked over that definitely should have. Once our hive in Operations was complete and biomass got back to level 9 stomp started to work as normal. That would make this just a cosmetic issue as I wasn't gaining an unintended advantage. It was infact a disadvantage as it took me a few minutes to notice stomps weren't working, though the marines were just as fooled as I was.

I've not tested with other lifeforms. Bile and leap would be quicker ones to try out. I will keep it in mind in future matches though to check if other lifeforms/abilities are properly removed after biomass is lost.