xeno bugged?

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I don't get the damage, i can stand 3 meters away and the damage is insane. Sometimes a skulk explodes literally in my face and i survive.
Sometimes the damage seem to be inverted.

Also I would really like to see xeno nerved down. For example, a marine could look away for less damage (dot product).
And there could be more damage on parasited marines.

Comments

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Variable damage you're seeing could quite well be due to armour. Remember armour makes a HUGE difference to life/death in ns2.

Marines have 100 HP.
    Xeno does 200 normal-type damage at most, according to the wiki.

This means at point-blank, if you dont have at least 50 armour and full HP, you're gonna die.

Wiki also says range is 14, but QUE - does the damage scale linearly with range or use the inverse square? HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    clankill3r wrote: »
    For example, a marine could look away for less damage (dot product).

So... 90 degrees away from the xeno and they get no damage... and 180 degrees away and they get health and armor back? :P
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've seen this happen before and its quite funny when it does. What I can assume is that some objects such as small crates and railings block LoS of the entire xeno explosion causing no damage.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    RaZDaZ wrote: »
    I've seen this happen before and its quite funny when it does. What I can assume is that some objects such as small crates and railings block LoS of the entire xeno explosion causing no damage.
    The good old racist railings, blocking parasite, spit and spike but not a single bullet or grenade.