Hear own voice at sound settings

BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
I often see people with microphones at low volume or distorting due to high volume settings. Many times someone asks "can you hear me?"

It could be useful to have an option to hear your own microphone at sound settings. In that way everyone can be sure that their mic is at an appropriate volume (the volume bar gives a feeling of uncertainty sometimes)

I don't know how hard it would be to implement. If that is really time consuming to do, then I agree that it is not necessary

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm pretty sure this can't be done, but I added it to the wishlist.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Im a bit curious @SamusDroid, what kind of difficulties would you face?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    Instead of such a option what about a classic mic test being implemented into the option menu (record input and play it)

The issue is that this is another thing we would have to do via engine changes and the workplate of our engine devs (matso and fsfod) is allready more than full.
  • alnairalnair Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187762Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some kind of microphone testing system would indeed be nice.