Texture Streaming

DemonDragoDemonDrago Italy Join Date: 2014-10-05 Member: 198848Members
Hello! I've noticed that my performance is terrible the first minutes I log into a match, having freezes the first times I get inside rooms. So I thought that it might be correlated with the Texture streaming. I think that I've had set the option on to decrease the loading times the first time I played this game, but now that I check on options>graphic settings I can't find any "texture streaming" option. Where can I find it?? :P

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    Hi, that option is gone since some time. There is now a option called Texture Handling to solve issues like the one you seem to have. Set Texture Handling to the closest amount of vram your gpu has available.

If you don't know how much vram your gpu has avaible you can use tools like gpu-z to look it up. Once set correctly the freezes should be gone, if not you have to lower the texture quality.
  • DemonDragoDemonDrago Italy Join Date: 2014-10-05 Member: 198848Members
    Hi, that option is gone since some time. There is now a option called Texture Handling to solve issues like the one you seem to have. Set Texture Handling to the closest amount of vram your gpu has available.

If you don't know how much vram your gpu has avaible you can use tools like gpu-z to look it up. Once set correctly the freezes should be gone, if not you have to lower the texture quality.

Oh thanks! I remember having that option when playing the game for the first time. Yes I've set it on 2gb+. Anyhow I kinda solved the problem setting the game to Dx9 instead of dx11
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    DemonDrago wrote: »

Oh thanks! I remember having that option when playing the game for the first time. Yes I've set it on 2gb+. Anyhow I kinda solved the problem setting the game to Dx9 instead of dx11

DX11 is still beta and those hitches with it are known. But unless some dx11 expert joins the cdt don't expect it to get fixed.
  • DemonDragoDemonDrago Italy Join Date: 2014-10-05 Member: 198848Members
    Another question, is there any way to prevent the going back to the main menu, when you try to join modded servers? Sometimes I just join servers and I get kicked out because I don't have the required mods. But I thought there was a downloader during the loading??
    edited October 2014
    DemonDrago wrote: »
    Another question, is there any way to prevent the going back to the main menu, when you try to join modded servers? Sometimes I just join servers and I get kicked out because I don't have the required mods. But I thought there was a downloader during the loading??

Hmm normally mods get downloaded automatically, but could be that steam is in your region a bit weird. A good way to see what exactly is going wrong is to have a look into the console (opens with key left to 1) or the log.txt ( in %Appdata/Natural Selection 2/ )
  • tazytazy pakistan Join Date: 2014-10-14 Member: 198967Members
    is there any way to prevent the going back to the main menu, when you try to join modded servers???
    tazy wrote: »
    is there any way to prevent the going back to the main menu, when you try to join modded servers???

That should only happen when you are unable to download a certain mod or the mod is causing some critical issues. Please try to create a thread about your issue in the technical support sub forum after reading this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post