Returning to NS2

Lorente90Lorente90 Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161859Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Hi!

I just came back to play NS2 after 1'5 years and I found some things I'd like to clarify! First of all, why are there so few people? I mean, there are plenty of servers but just 4-5 of them have people. Is that normal or there is something wrong with my game? Also I saw that there are some new DLC's like the reaper and reinforcement. Do I need them to play with the people who have it? Also I am afraid of playing as a commander right now because there're many changes in the dynamics, any advice?

Thank you!

Comments

• MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    All the DLC is cosmetic and a way to support new maps etc.

Plenty changed in 1.5 years but I'm sure it will be like riding a bike, and you can't be worse than some the guys I've had command recently :))

Welcome back!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The long standing theory is that ns2 is not very rookie friendly and can't retain players very well. Its fine though, for now, we can still always find a server.
    Pick up some dlc if you want to support the game. I like the reaper a lot. You don't need it to play the game.
  • Lorente90Lorente90 Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161859Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »

Plenty changed in 1.5 years but I'm sure it will be like riding a bike, and you can't be worse than some the guys I've had command recently :))

Welcome back!

Maybe I was one of those guys haha. I used to play a lot, I have 750hrs of playng ns2 but now I feel one-handed. I suppose that I have to get used to it again.
    I will check the new DLC's :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You can (I don't know for how much longer) get more cool stuff from the Reinforcement program here as well http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Lorente90 wrote: »
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »

Welcome back!

Maybe I was one of those guys haha. I used to play a lot, I have 750hrs of playng ns2 but now I feel one-handed. I suppose that I have to get used to it again.
    I will check the new DLC's :)

Keep in mind, the badge stuff is all through the reinforced program. Shadow dlc (ie from steam page) is NOT the same as the shadow reinforced badge/skins. SR gives you shadow skulk, lerk, gorge, and all the little gorge toys that come with the gorge are shadow'd as well. Also gives you the sweet badge. The shadow dlc is just shadow skulk, no badge.

My suggestion is to take no chances, and just buy it all. ;)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like beiges advice. Get them all and dont miss out. I'm also a guy with 6 badges... And almost all dlc... I might be biased or just enjoy ns2 too much
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Lorente90 check out the wiki for all the change logs since a year and a half a go.

wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Main_Page

right hand side for version history.