Alien Atlantis

PatrickPatrick California Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207363Members
Great game! I'm really enjoying it. A possible overall goal could be searching for ruins of an alien city in the deepest part of the map - something that would basically require the player to have achieved all the upgrades & high-tech equipment to find and reach. Of course, you'd also want to leave some smaller ruins and other clues scattered around to get the player started. This also presents the possibility studying and replicating lost alien tech, expanding crafting options even further.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Honestly, an ancient alien race that was destroyed and sunk 10,000 leagues under the sea most likely won't have any tech worth using.

Unless you mean like pots made of coral or something.
  • PatrickPatrick California Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207363Members
    Well, I was thinking more of a lost undersea civilization, in keeping with the gameworld, rather than a literal sunken kingdom, but either way. :)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Honestly, an ancient alien race that was destroyed and sunk 10,000 leagues under the sea most likely won't have any tech worth using.

Unless you mean like pots made of coral or something.

Why not? What's not to say that the alien race was vary advanced, more so than mankind, but their city was destroyed somehow, perhaps by something they created in their advances in technology.

• zakhm123zakhm123 England Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207386Members
    this civilization could be the ones who caused the energy pulse that caused the Aurora to crash
    zakhm123 wrote: »
    this civilization could be the ones who caused the energy pulse that caused the Aurora to crash

Perhaps some kind of automated defense system that outlived the civilization it was built to protect.
    Alternatively, if the devs don't want to implement an entire alien civilization, a sunken alien ship (with some alien tech waiting to be reconstructed?) would also be cool. Probably brought down by the same mysterious pulse, perhaps eons ago. Yes, I am rewatching Alien. Hopefully there aren't any of those aboard the crashed ship.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Why not? What's not to say that the alien race was vary advanced, more so than mankind, but their city was destroyed somehow, perhaps by something they created in their advances in technology.
    So its not so much as "ancient ruins" as it is "San Francisco underwater"?

Yyyyyyyeah, no thanks.
    Though I would be so down for an ancient monster that turns out to be a machine, like the Leviathan from Disney's Atlantis.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    Patrick wrote: »
    Great game! I'm really enjoying it. A possible overall goal could be searching for ruins of an alien city in the deepest part of the map - something that would basically require the player to have achieved all the upgrades & high-tech equipment to find and reach. Of course, you'd also want to leave some smaller ruins and other clues scattered around to get the player started. This also presents the possibility studying and replicating lost alien tech, expanding crafting options even further.

Need some kind of alien merpeople :)
  • BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
    edited August 2015
    I want the sea people kingdom! xD
    south_park_sea_monleys.jpg

tumblr_ldc64fZMZJ1qcsvs0o1_1280.jpg

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I have to admit, an ancient, extinct civilization with an energy defense weapon would Add a lot of depth to the story. Maybe you have to find and shut down this defense so you can call for rescue, the game's end goal.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    I have to admit, an ancient, extinct civilization with an energy defense weapon would Add a lot of depth to the story. Maybe you have to find and shut down this defense so you can call for rescue, the game's end goal.

You know, come to think about it. We don't really know why the Aurora crashed. So a defensive weapon and base would explain a lot and add to the objectives to terminate this defensive weapon in order for the others to arrive. :)
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    it would be very creepy swimming though long alien corridors in the pitch black 10000m under water with the fear of some leftover alien hunting you down swimming though the vents or something... but it would be very cool alien4-05.jpg
  • BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
    it would be very creepy swimming though long alien corridors in the pitch black 10000m under water with the fear of some leftover alien hunting you down swimming though the vents or something... but it would be very cool alien4-05.jpg

Alien Atlantis does not mean an Atlantis with the Aliens from the Movie "Alien" ! ^^
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    well it doesn't have to look like the aliens from aliens i just want a creepy creature following you
  • jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    I like the idea. Personally, I'd like to see the remnants of an ancient alien civilization with a bit of backstory regarding how the planet became flooded (a parallel to our current issue with global warming, even if it is cliche). But yeah, a futuristic alien city in the darkest abyss of Subanautica with unknown treasures and life forms would pique the interest of any player. Maybe the blueprints to new weapons, vehicles and such could be hidden there as well? It would basically be akin to a secret level. I would personally suggest it to be hidden in a new and unique biome (i.e. the blood kelp biome).