New base attachment (NOT FURNITURE)

PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
I had an idea when I saw this guy with a huge base. So, if you have a huge base, even with reinforcements, holes will spring. But if you have a large base, you don't know where the holes are! So maybe there could be a control station that would tell you where it detects holes, flooding cracks, etc.

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Best idea 2015.
    Honestly though, I love that idea. When you've turned on instabuild and nocost, and just go crazy building a base from the seafloor in the mushroom biome to 50 meters above the surface, big enough around that you can park ten Cyclopes along the shortest side, a single hole would take quite a while to find. Maybe just a control station in general, informs you where the cracks are, maybe make it so that the control station is the only place where you can check the power, possibly other things (like sonar). Essentially, instead of just a status checker, it could become the command and control hub for the entire base. I can see it now... A massive room, twice the length, width, and height of the Moon Pool, with control consoles, scanners, and readouts lining the walls. Not only would it be an interesting addition, but it could be helpful. If this room had a screen to monitor sonar, and you built maybe a separate part as the sonar center, then you could "see" farther than underwater vision normally allows. Nothing like an early warning when there's an incoming Sea Emperor or Reaper Leviathan.
  • PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Best idea 2015.
    Honestly though, I love that idea. When you've turned on instabuild and nocost, and just go crazy building a base from the seafloor in the mushroom biome to 50 meters above the surface, big enough around that you can park ten Cyclopes along the shortest side, a single hole would take quite a while to find. Maybe just a control station in general, informs you where the cracks are, maybe make it so that the control station is the only place where you can check the power, possibly other things (like sonar). Essentially, instead of just a status checker, it could become the command and control hub for the entire base. I can see it now... A massive room, twice the length, width, and height of the Moon Pool, with control consoles, scanners, and readouts lining the walls. Not only would it be an interesting addition, but it could be helpful. If this room had a screen to monitor sonar, and you built maybe a separate part as the sonar center, then you could "see" farther than underwater vision normally allows. Nothing like an early warning when there's an incoming Sea Emperor or Reaper Leviathan.

I can see it too. It's beautiful.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    PajamaJams wrote: »

Thank you. I try.
  • PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    PajamaJams wrote: »

Thank you. I try.

Oh don't mention it. Lots of geniuses live in our world :)