Bring back old style AND new style!

2»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Speaking of Shadow Step, I have an idea I plan to test out in my NS2: Evolved mod. Perhaps SS and Blink could be merged into a new form of Blink, since every veteran taps Blink instead of charging it nowadays.

Holding Blink would delay Blink until the button/key is released, and the longer that Blink charged, the stronger the initial force of the Blink.

The default speed seems a bit slow. It might be nicer if the maximum charged force had a lot more power. Overall, as is, I think it is worse than blink. It is slower and has a lot less you can do with it.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    Nordic wrote: »
    Speaking of Shadow Step, I have an idea I plan to test out in my NS2: Evolved mod. Perhaps SS and Blink could be merged into a new form of Blink, since every veteran taps Blink instead of charging it nowadays.

Holding Blink would delay Blink until the button/key is released, and the longer that Blink charged, the stronger the initial force of the Blink.

The default speed seems a bit slow. It might be nicer if the maximum charged force had a lot more power. Overall, as is, I think it is worse than blink. It is slower and has a lot less you can do with it.

Thanks Nordic. I've made a few improvements to Blink. Blink now charges faster and has higher speed. You can also combo Stab with Blink like you could with SS.
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    I do wonder if we've gone full circle, and if we went back to build 249 (or maybe earlier, if you wanted original maps back), how different the balance would be from today.

Or, more accurately, how many more people would be complaining about balance.

I just really want original Docking back... :(
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Original docking? it was ...it was...not that great, its not that its a bad map to play now, it was kinda broke, marines can ARC 2 hives from 1 room. thats not good. can deny 2 hives, from one room, not good.

Dont get me wrong it made for some interesting rounds when we played it, but i wouldnt like to see it back - there is a version of it floating around on a server called "Duckling" i think and its just docking :smile:
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sherlock wrote: »
    I do wonder if we've gone full circle, and if we went back to build 249 (or maybe earlier, if you wanted original maps back), how different the balance would be from today.

Or, more accurately, how many more people would be complaining about balance.

I just really want original Docking back... :(

It exists. I think it is called classic docking on the workshop.