File broken?

The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Hello,

I wanted to open a map in the editor, but it only says "Error Loading File"... When I try to play on the map ingame, it just loads an official map instead. Last time I opened the file was a few months ago, but I am sure it worked back then. Does anybody know this problem or is there any chance to solve this or is the file dead now?

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Uploading the map somewhere for us to download would be very helpful
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It looks like you have a corrupted level file. You can try doing Help>View Autobackups and opening an older version
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I opened your level file in a hex editor, thinking I might be able to repair it. It's 1,482 KB of zeros... :( Looks like the file space was reserved, then nothing actually got written.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I opened your level file in a hex editor, thinking I might be able to repair it. It's 1,482 KB of zeros... :( Looks like the file space was reserved, then nothing actually got written.

How can that happen?^^

SamusDroid, the Autobackup thing worked! The file is only 12 min older and is 1480kb instead of 1482, I guess I can rebuild the 2kb :D what a great feature I didn't know of.

Thank you guys!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

How can that happen?^^

SamusDroid, the Autobackup thing worked! The file is only 12 min older and is 1480kb instead of 1482, I guess I can rebuild the 2kb :D what a great feature I didn't know of.

Thank you guys!

Not sure how it could have happened. Did you force-close the program or lose-power while saving?
    At least the autobackup feature I just added has some use!

How can that happen?^^

Thank you guys!

Not sure how it could have happened. Did you force-close the program or lose-power while saving?

I don't remember because it is too long ago that I used the editor, but it is possbile yes. It freezed quite often at some point and I had to force-close it often too... luckily my PC is more stable now.