Fix the broken spawn view

RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
Why is the game not spawning you in the direction you're viewing prior to actually spawning into the game(play)? This used to work and now it has been broken for ages.

Whenever you're spawning as a marine on the IP, you can view around, but when you actually spawn and can move, you're spawned into some other random direction. Same goes for aliens, when you're an egg, you can view around for a few seconds and when you spawn, the view is reset in some random direction, especially on start games when you most often start by view directed at the ground. Which is SUPER annoying and dumb.

Why? On game starts, I need a second or two to re-orient myself to the view I'm randomly thrown in and that can cost you an early headstart. Second or two doesn't sound like much, but when you're rushing to occupy a position on the map, every second matters and you are wasting it by figuring out where you're even pointing at. Other problems that this brings are defense. When enemy is humping your chair or hive, you want to spawn and engage straight away. Instead you're spinning around in place trying to figure out where you're even looking at. Meaning you'll get gunned down or bitten down before you actually defend the base.

Don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed this? It's REALLY annoying.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    It's one of the next items inside our issue tracker to work on.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Such a minor bug that's been around for ages, yet one of the most annoying one out there.