Build 281: Tutorial and Editor Update! - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    This build has screwed up the server browser for me..
    This means watching 2-3+ servers at once for an open spot via refresh doesn't work anymore. Most of the time a spot opens up, it gets taken before the list is done populating and you can click on it.

I noticed when spamming refresh for fresh slot usually its red and say 24/24 and only become white when a slot opens but now pressing refresh its blinking white 0/0 for a split second before displaying 24/24 and full again, so its hard to tell when its red white red white red white red white when there is an LEGIT slot free, instead of just consistant red until i can join...
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Oh, I don't know. Now that Hyperion and the UWE servers are gone, I don't know if there are any servers that perform badly.

To be fair to DMD, I have never experienced performance issues while playing there previously, but its easy to point the finger at the mods if other servers not running them are fine. I've never been on LF long enough to find out if it has issues, but I'd be unhappy with my performance on any server not running NS2+ anyway.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    I can't remember... Either DMD or luckyfkers..

It was LuckyFkers. They don't use ns2+ because they think it causes hitreg issues, but in reality they were using an old outdated version they had incorporated into their own mod.

If anyone is having problems, we can help you debug them.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    i actully realy realy like the newest updates
  • DinkleburgDinkleburg Spokane Valley Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212442Members
    Does anyone know how the games future will unfold? Luke a roadmap or some kind of community discussion page?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dinkleburg wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the games future will unfold? Luke a roadmap or some kind of community discussion page?

Read this old blog post, http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/dev-update-new-communication-channels/