Abandonaded Stuff

Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
Some of the stuff that are in the concept art are pretty cool, but looking at the roadmap on trello it seems will not be in game.
I'm talking about the Tree of life, The twisty bridges, The spine Eel,The arctic and other things that i forgot...
What do you think about those? Personally i hope the devs haven't abandonaded it,becouse this think that things will be really awesome in game.

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Looking at the pace of the updates and matching them with the roadmap plans, I'd be simply very happy if the roadmap could be done in time with minimal delay.

That means the cyclops will be the only big sub, but with better upgrades. For other things like tree of life and twisty bridges the concepts could still get into the Lost River. The spine eel probably will be there. I don't think the arctic biome has any chances other than after release of the game.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    it is kinda hard to add an artic area into the game since the general area is tropical and they do try to give it a natural feel.
    but i thought most of the things you mentioned are things that will be added near the end of development and currently they are just focusing more on gameplay
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I've read through some of the Trello cards, and if I read correctly they want to release Subnautica in Q3 of this year. I hope that's enough time for them to implement all the things that are still outstanding, and not start dropping things out of the game to make their release date.
    I'd still like to see an Arctic biome, the transfuser, and some of the larger creatures. I also hope we don't end up permanently losing the terraformer, or the simple ability to dig sand.
    Time will tell I guess.
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    Q3? Hmmm, that could be closely. I'd pay them another early access 'fee' if they'd work it out until Q3-2017.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    lxh wrote: »
    Q3? Hmmm, that could be closely. I'd pay them another early access 'fee' if they'd work it out until Q3-2017.

Same, or at least for them to keep working on it after it's released
  • WindstrikerWindstriker houston Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210923Members
    Is DLC/expansion packs a possibility?
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Is DLC/expansion packs a possibility?

most likely this is what is going to happen to content that doesn't make it in. There's also the possibility of post release patches with new content, it's not unheard of for a game to have post release content additions.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    it's not unheard of for a game to have post release content additions.

Yeah, look at Splatoon
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Given what they have done in the last 7 month, and likely at least 7 months to go, there will be a ton more stuff that what we have now.
    Personally I hope for a elevator, the large aquariums are nice but it doesn't feel realistic.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    The large aquariums are nice but it doesn't feel realistic.

wait how does a glass tube filled with water no feel realistic?
    not to insult you but its just kinda a weird statement.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    lorcogoth wrote: »
    Jacara wrote: »
    The large aquariums are nice but it doesn't feel realistic.

wait how does a glass tube filled with water no feel realistic?
    not to insult you but its just kinda a weird statement.

Right now the best way to move between levels, is to build a multi level room with a multi level aquarium in it and hatches on every level. Far faster and easier to jump in on say level 1, swim to level 4 and get out that try and use ladders.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    This is a game... it wouldn't be fun if it was completely realistic :|
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    I personally have the pictures of these on my desktop all the time, I would love for them to go back and finish/start those, (especially the twisty bridges!!).
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    The spine eel will be in the lost river. Keep in mind that development hardly stops at 1.0. Also things from concept art doesn't always make it into the game. Thats just how it is.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    lorcogoth wrote: »
    it is kinda hard to add an artic area into the game since the general area is tropical and they do try to give it a natural feel.
    but i thought most of the things you mentioned are things that will be added near the end of development and currently they are just focusing more on gameplay

They could add the arctic area by only accessing it through warper portals? also if you haven't noticed the average surface water temp on the planet is only like 14 Celsius so very cold water, so arctic area wouldn't be too far away.