Could experimental mode be run alongside stable?

rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
Hey, so I really like playing subnautica, and I really like the sense of investment I tend to feel after a while (I have only restarted my whole game once on stable).
However, I also really like seeing the latest things to come out on experimental, but don't want to ruin my main game so end up moving files around etc....
Is there any way that experimental mode could be run as a bolt-on to the main game that you can turn on/off from the options menu (perhaps you'd need to enable the beta program through backend menus first as per current) and that would then save your stable games and experimental games seperately rather than overwriting each other?

current plan of subnautica:
DL Subnautica - play - decide you want to look at experimental - hidden menus - DL new stuff - overwrite stable game - decide you want to go back to stable because constant DL's are annoying - hidden menus - lose save game and have to start again - etc

How I'd like it to be:
DL subnautica - play - decide you want to look at experimental - (maybe hidden menus) - DL new stuff - options menu to switch to experimental mode - (possible restart of game .exe) - decide that constant DL's are annoying and you want to go back to stable - options menu - save game still there! - etc