Concerning Creature Attacks.

Madgamer13Madgamer13 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213445Members
edited February 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Greetings!

I have a suggestion to offer concerning the damaging potential of sea creatures in Subnautica, based on how I've seen them behave in-game. Currently, in both the stable and experimental branches of the game, a Seamoth is nigh immune to all creature attacks except for the genuinely frightening grapple by the reaper. The Cyclops' immunity to everything but collisions and depth is evidence in and of itself.

I implore the devs to consider more widely implementing the already evident feature of reaper grapple in the game to other types of creature attacks. As an example, the stalker can be seen picking up metal salvage and flailing it around in much the same way a dog does, and it would be the perfect opportunity for the stalker to see a seamoth as a tasty treat. Using the same process seen with the reaper, a stalker could clamp it's jaws on the thinner side of the submarine's hull and flail you around like a chew toy. A small to moderate amount of damage to the hull could occur during this process.

Sand sharks could also benefit by latching to the hull of a seamoth, using their massive mouths to suck on the glass. Through some clever coding, they could also act as a pack during this assault, dragging the small submarine down into the depths as they try to breach the canopy.

The reaper could be upgraded to not only be absolutely deadly against a seamoth, but it can also be large enough to grapple the Cyclops. During it's grapple with the Cyclops, it can repeatedly puncture the hull with it's spike appendages as it engages in a frenzied assault that does not end if the player leaves the bridge's control seat. Imagine the panic of trying to escape your ailing Cyclops as it gets attacked by such a creature, the inside of the ship filling with water under the wails of the beast.

This can certainly be something to consider for your future 'Creatures attack!' update, and I hope it wouldn't be too much to ask.

Thank you!

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Madgamer13 wrote: »
    The reaper could be upgraded to not only be absolutely deadly against a seamoth, but it can also be large enough to grapple the Cyclops. During it's grapple with the Cyclops, it can repeatedly puncture the hull with it's spike appendages as it engages in a frenzied assault that does not end if the player leaves the bridge's control seat. Imagine the panic of trying to escape your ailing Cyclops as it gets attacked by such a creature, the inside of the ship filling with water under the wails of the beast.

I'd prefer if this was put in AFTER we had a way for the Cyclops to defend itself, so that a Reaper grabbing on doesn't destroy the Cyclops that already takes a lot of resources.
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    The one thing about stalkers grabbing the seamoth is that the seamoth is a decent size bigger than them, and probably a good deal heavier and more powerful thrust. I just don't see them being able to shake the seamoth around. Now, the sand sharks working as a pack would be a cool aspect. This could also be extended to any new mid-sized predators the devs add.