Base decay over time

gamer2456gamer2456 NY,USA Join Date: 2015-03-17 Member: 202269Members
I was thinking maybe are bases should start decaying after time like the abandon bases are with rust and grime. So we would have to keep maintenance of base over time. I'm not talking like about a slow weathering system over time where it starting to decay and need repairs once in awhile.

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    materials to build bases are finite, this mechanic would not fit well with the game when materials are not infinite. Plus micromanagement in this game would suck.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    Also consider that the lack of oxidation would impair that. Aseeming of course that you are speaking about under water. A better scenario might be the encrustation by marine life.
  • gamer2456gamer2456 NY,USA Join Date: 2015-03-17 Member: 202269Members
    edited March 2016
    Another idea someone pointed out in steam is maybe are bases have depth limit like are submarines and would need upgrades for deeper depth you go. What could be better instead the other idea I posted and easier to do over time?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    gamer2456 wrote: »
    Another idea someone pointed out in steam is maybe are bases have depth limit like are submarines and would need upgrades for deeper depth you go. What could be better instead the other idea I posted and easier to do over time?

Needing to have certain tech/use more resources to build at great depths makes sense and wouldn't really hurt gameplay. Having to do maintenance tasks on your bases would be an annoying chore.