Salvage Operations

PetrovaskiPetrovaski USA Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214407Members
I hit upon this idea over in the more subs thread but considering we now have abandoned bases I would interested in having wrecked submirsables or a surface craft that you could enter do repairs on and eventual refloat. Use the welder to patch up small holes, cut away jagged hull tears and fabricate new pieces and weld them in place go compartment by compartment de-watering it then restoring power. It would have to be a cool ship you could get by easier means to make it worth it but think it would be a fun concept. Any thoughts?

Comments

• ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    i like it maybe the bases could have something special that you can use but cant built. or data that you can retrieve.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    ADM_Ntek wrote: »
    i like it maybe the bases could have something special that you can use but cant built. or data that you can retrieve.

maybe very deep, like where the lava castle will be at 1000+ meters could be found a partially destroyed new class of submarine like a Draconis prototype. Something you cannot create (unlike the Cyclops) that you can weld back to usable state would be awesome. It would be a one-of-a-kind submersible for the endgame
  • PetrovaskiPetrovaski USA Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214407Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    ADM_Ntek wrote: »

maybe very deep, like where the lava castle will be at 1000+ meters could be found a partially destroyed new class of submarine like a Draconis prototype. Something you cannot create (unlike the Cyclops) that you can weld back to usable state would be awesome. It would be a one-of-a-kind submersible for the endgame

This excalty was my hope something that would be unique and unbuildable by normal means