[BUG] Lost all blueprints

2»

Comments

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Piece by piece this game going to wrecks as an Aurora itself. (its a black humor). But in seriously - I hope Devs can find a reason of tose bugs soon. I'm out of game 3 days 'cause its COMPLETELY unplayable.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're removing blueprints from the game, so this is not a bug.

Experimental is going through a lot of under-the-hood changes, so lots of things WILL BREAK.

Only play Experimental is you don't mind things going wrong - it's our live development build and sometimes you have to break things in order to make things better for the long run.

We're hoping to get everything fixed up over the next few days. In the mean time, if you want a stable game best switch to stable.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Removing blueprints? That sounds interesting.

I agree that we all take that risk when playing experimental, so it's not right to cry, rant and rave when it breaks. I've looked at the in-game feedback report the devs get (you can see it on their change set link). Some of the foul language and tantrums you see the devs getting via the F8 feedback is disgusting. Are people's lives so mundane and pathetic that they get so upset over a game? People need to man up.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    I was actually watching a youtuber while work was slow and he just ran into this issue, ran here and found this thread. Now I'm kinda glad I havent had time lately to play. :D

Just in case it helps you Dev's out with properly tracking down some of the wacky doo issues in experimental right now, here is his lets play with all the current problems that just spawned. He is playing on experimental of course and its got a good 6 minutes of him running around base, walking on the seafloor, nothing coming up crafting menu's etc. Oh and some ultra glitchy seamoth paint jobs.

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Tried watching the clip, but man! that guy is really annoying >.<
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

Experimental is going through a lot of under-the-hood changes, so lots of things WILL BREAK.

Only play Experimental is you don't mind things going wrong - it's our live development build and sometimes you have to break things in order to make things better for the long run.

We're hoping to get everything fixed up over the next few days. In the mean time, if you want a stable game best switch to stable.

I love experimental and to test new elements like the new scanner map room. Hope you'll get along with the new changes and won't loose much time with fixing. Unplayable states like the recent ones just are really very rare, even in experimental.

But a question, what happened to the planned O2 rework? It looks it got cut from what I can see on the Trello roadmap.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    As I see - load previous game is not so good idea for old blueprint list. I completely lost b/p of inner seedbeds (big and small) outer - exist. Attemt to scan it anew has no results so this things is TOTALY missing for LOADED games. I dont check for others b/p yet. Maybe its just removing from game TOTALY ? Try to start a new one and check it
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    maybe they should make it a little harder to get experimental. i dont mind the broken parts since i know that is to be expected. but most people sadly don´t understand what beta or alpha mean. all they know are those open betas from big publishers witch most of the time are already the final version like the last rainbow six

however one of the resent changes i really like is that you actually keep your blueprints or whatever they want to call it now. like the cooked fisch no longer you have to rediscover it when you load a save.

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    As I see - load previous game is not so good idea for old blueprint list. I completely lost b/p of inner seedbeds (big and small) outer - exist. Attemt to scan it anew has no results so this things is TOTALY missing for LOADED games. I dont check for others b/p yet. Maybe its just removing from game TOTALY ? Try to start a new one and check it

I think it's time again for starting a new game and put the old ones in the archive. For the next days I expect some changes and I don't know when the first part of the lost river will be added to the map. So I'll do some temporary restart with only small bases until this situation of tech changes is settled and the first lost river part is available. Then I'll do a full clean restart.
    did u know something about maproom which sombody to talking about?
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    If I had to guess every time the Devs make changes to the PDA it will do that. just guessing maybe we can have this confirmed.
    edited March 2016
    A NEW BUG ??

After Aurora's explode I've try to find that grey boxes with new tech... I've swim around 15 minutes and dont find anything - NO ONE!!!
    Is it a new trick? Or my game just buggy?
    Current version 30600
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    All the fragments have been moved to the wreaks. Depending on your current build.
    Good luck, and happy hunting. B)
    edited March 2016
    And NO MORE grey boxes? :'(
    But If to talk seriously - Great and Right idea. I like it.
  • Games4KickzGames4Kickz Ireland Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201783Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

That sounds interesting. What are you replacing them with? Going forward, how will I make the moonpool or modification station if there is no blueprint for the builder tool to use?
    I check trello if I can figure it out but would love to here back from you :)
  • Games4KickzGames4Kickz Ireland Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201783Members
    Just in general, I noticed in 30316 that when I saved the game logged out and back in blueprints started to come back. I then went to gather some mats and saved again and re-logged and more blueprints came back :) Not sure why or how but either way, happy and excited to continue playing :smiley:
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    That sounds like the game isn't keeping track of what fragments are found in the world state between saves. Basically when you start up the game and it's spawning in things, there's nothing to tell it, "no, no, player's already been here, move on" so it spawns in the fragments again.