Infinite medkits bug/exploit

ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members
The medkit fabricator comes with a free one and it's free so you can pretty much just either break it and place it down over and over or just place a ton and have a room generating medkits. Obviously, the fabricator being free is ridiculous.

Comments

• BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Yeah, i'm perplex about that medkit generator in the pod, who have unlimited power
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited March 2016
    To bad we cant hot bar med kits, lol Its a little OP considering we can make it easy with bleach and fiber mesh. I have had a few close calls with health bitten down to low numbers wishing I could hotbar them but then again now that I think about it that would be OP too.

If the predators become more aggressive maybe I'll be more thankful. I do start a stock pile as soon as I start a new game now. I play mostly hardcore and keep health at 100% all the time, no use saving food/water/med kit if I need any I top off.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    There's nothing more ominous than finding a huge pile of health packs, ammo, OP weapons and armour.

As soon as you open the door or turn that next corner, you'll probably discover why you'll be needing them.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    The obvious (to me) solution to this is to make the Medkit Fabricator start off empty and craft the medkit starting from the time it was built, similar to how the Base Filtration System works.
    Or the time for the respawn changed to longer then 3 minutes.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

yeah the medkit fabricator in itself is nice, its just that righ now its way too overkill. maybe one medkit per 1-2 ingame days would be more realistic imo
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Okay, i've tried an hardcore survival. Been attacked by a sandshark who left me with 40% life, headed to my lifepod then second day i've been hitted by one Stalker then take 2 crash in my face. I got some medikits in reserve anyway. So I agree with Rainstorm, maybe a slower generation could be a great thing. Maybe in some modes (hardcore) this medkits générator could use energy to produce them.

Anyway I think this mechanic is a good thing, i'm always farming Kelp's oil and clusters + creep vine. They are a pain especially when you run a base with Bio-reactors.
    edited March 2016
    It is handy to have a stock pile, just in case. Now I never leave home with out one in the inventory.
    I am wondering if they changed the agro on the stalkers? They seem more aggressive to me. Build #30316
    One a day spawn is more then enough, most of the time I am farming in the safe zone and by time I head off to more threating waters ill have a nice stack.

Also Ill agree maybe it should use power to make a med kit. It shouldn't be free. But then you have the one in life pod, not sure how that would work, with its free power.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    The obvious (to me) solution to this is to make the Medkit Fabricator start off empty and craft the medkit starting from the time it was built, similar to how the Base Filtration System works.

The reason I suggested making the Medkit Fabricator start off empty is to prevent the craft fabricator, take medkit, uncraft fabricator, rinse, repeat. exploit... You can fill a locker with medkits in no time flat currently.