Concept for large room

ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
this is my idea how larger rooms could be added to subnautica i have based this mostly on the moonpool. to build your room you would only need 3 base parts a straight wall, a curved corner, and a flat ceiling/floor piece those you would arrange as you like in length withe and hight. and the game would fill in the fitting part. this would allow you to build rooms as large as you like or until the structural integrity fails.

fubsb1pB.jpg

any comments suggestions?

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    i love this idea. While the Multipurpose room is nice, its the only room we got right now and new ones like the one you designed would be awesome
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    Awesome idea, especially as I tend to look at the ceilings on the multi-purpose room and feel a little claustrophobic. Heck, add an L-shaped section where the inside of the curve would be on the exterior and you dramatically increase the possibilities.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    Aegil wrote: »
    Awesome idea, especially as I tend to look at the ceilings on the multi-purpose room and feel a little claustrophobic. Heck, add an L-shaped section where the inside of the curve would be on the exterior and you dramatically increase the possibilities.

do you mean like this?

ApYzTiFk.jpg

if yes well as you can se the wall is far to thin at that point it would be a major structural weak point.
  • raven2010raven2010 USA Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204980Members
    Yea I love the feel of the moon pool. Would love more rooms of its size
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Nice work ! I think this can be a cool feature, the actual big rooms are shaped for big aquariums but this isn't an easy thing to nicely fit lockers or little aquariums on them.

These parts are giving me crazy ideas to establish a powerfull empire in this ocean. Mr Regy will be my prime minister B)
    edited March 2016
    ADM_Ntek wrote: »

do you mean like this?

ApYzTiFk.jpg

if yes well as you can se the wall is far to thin at that point it would be a major structural weak point.

Why design the curve differently? But what I meant was if you took the corner pieces from your original post and turn them the other way. As in, instead of the point around which the curve turns being the interior of the room, it's in the exterior of the room.
    Bobythebee wrote: »
    Nice work ! I think this can be a cool feature, the actual big rooms are shaped for big aquariums but this isn't an easy thing to nicely fit lockers or little aquariums on them.
    No to mention being a little tight to maneuver around if one the aquarium has been installed.

• etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    I'm 100% behind ANY idea that adds different types of rooms; the multipurpose room is literally so boring now.
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    Very cool ! B)
    and a flat ceiling/floor piece those you would arrange as you like in length withe and hight
    Adding transparent ceiling and floor pieces would be a good option also... ;)

do you mean like this?

ApYzTiFk.jpg

Why design the curve differently? But what I meant was if you took the corner pieces from your original post and turn them the other way. As in, instead of the point around which the curve turns being the interior of the room, it's in the exterior of the room.
    Bobythebee wrote: »
    No to mention being a little tight to maneuver around if one the aquarium has been installed.

don´t tell me you mean this.

wQwAxCca.jpg
    don´t tell me you mean this.

wQwAxCca.jpg
    If the area to the bottom right would be external, yes.
    edited March 2016
    i don´t know what you mean could you draw it on a piece of paper and make a picture doesn´t have to be pretty.
  • Dex_LutherDex_Luther Montreal, Qc Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214839Members
    i don´t know what you mean could you draw it on a piece of paper and make a picture doesn´t have to be pretty.

I think you got it right. I could be wrong, but I think they mean an inverted curve (I think that's what it's called). If you wanted to make an L shaped room, you'd need both. A regular curve for the outside and an inverted for the interior right angle of the L.

• eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    +1 I love your idea.
    I hope it can get put in the game and if not maybe you can make a MOD if that will be possible after release.

If the Devs would scale the room we have about .25% or more I could fit my fat @#$ around the ladder.
    I could cost more ore then the normal room. And be a 2nd option with out a lot of work.
    edited March 2016
    Dex_Luther wrote: »

I think you got it right. I could be wrong, but I think they mean an inverted curve (I think that's what it's called). If you wanted to make an L shaped room, you'd need both. A regular curve for the outside and an inverted for the interior right angle of the L.

OH an inverted curve derp here we go. only problem it is an oversize part al the other parts fit into a L2xW2xH2m grid this is L2,3xW2,3xH2m

iUpZLTdH.jpg

and me making a mod like this sadly no :'( this is the maximum of my model/texturing skillz.
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Anyway with parts like this we can build some much things ! Thumb up B)
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    ADM_Ntek
    You have to start somewhere in your modding career.
    Does the software you are using have 3d vector's / 3d coordinates, and makes true 3d models like AutoCAD or 3d studio?
    ADM_Ntek
    You have to start somewhere in your modding career.
    Does the software you are using have 3d vector's / 3d coordinates, and makes true 3d models like AutoCAD or 3d studio?

i have no clue but i wouldnt count on it. sketchup is mostly architectural but i know it is used by many concept artist to create well 3d concept art. but it is not a true modeling software like 3dsmax or blender. i have tried many and most drive me insane within minutes.
    edited March 2016
    I gave Dex an awesome because they put into words what my atrocious MS-paint skills were failing to draw. Yeah, an inverted curve was what I was failing to describe. :D

But even without that, this is a great idea if it could be implemented.